Water in the Headlights

If you have a Tip or Trick, some advice or you just want others to know something that is not specific to the fuel a Citroen C3 uses, please, post it here. Manual Gearbox, bodywork, interior, wheels and tyres are all welcome here.
Forum rules
Tips for any Citroen C3

Tips from forum members are encouraged and very welcome.

Questions are not to be posted in this section

No Engine tips

Think: Manual Gearbox, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, Wheels, Steering, Brakes and Suspension
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Is it even worth trying to fix the light and motor or simply simply get a new one?
Its not possible to fix the motor without destroying the lamp unit to get to it :cry:

Luckily there are plenty of C3 headlights available New, on ebay (click here)

and New parts on Amazon.co.uk (click here)

and our friends over at Euro Car Parts (click here).

Citroen C3 headlight assembly
Citroen C3 headlight assembly
My Name: T1Cybernetic

Year: 2005 (05)
Engine Size: 1.4
Mileage: 160000
Trim Level: Desire

Thank you ;) I'll have a look at a couple of local salvage places first as I know them personally which helps with parts! But at that price new seems a bargain, Either way the lights are more like fish bowls at the moment and they do need to be sorted!
My Name: jerrybuilt

Contributor
Model: C3 2006-2009, Facelift model
Year: 2007 (07)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Mileage: 104000

Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement headlamp access cover? Part No: 41200754 (That's the passenger side and I need the drivers side)

I know there's one for sale on Ebay, hardly a snip at a mere £30.00 :o

Many thanks
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Year: 2002 (02)
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

jerrybuilt wrote:Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement headlamp access cover? Part No: 41200754 (That's the passenger side and I need the drivers side)

I know there's one for sale on Ebay, hardly a snip at a mere £30.00 :o

Many thanks
I misplaced one and ended up buying a used lamp unit, the whole assembly, which worked out cheaper than just the cover. Unfortunately the cover was not in great condition, a bit twisted. I was happy when the misplaced one appeared during some maintenance. It had slipped behind the engine :oops:

A picture of a fogged up headlight on a Citroen C3 caused by incorrectly fitting the lamp access cover:

fogged up headlight on a Citroen C3 due to poorly fitting lamp access cover
fogged up headlight on a Citroen C3 due to poorly fitting lamp access cover
My Name: 00James00

C3 Master
Year: 2004 (54)
Engine Size: 1.4
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 88000
Trim Level: Touch

Just been reading up on this, when I received my car the dust cover and metal thing that secures was off and down in the engine. So put these back on and secured it, then a few days later noticed water build up inside and really bad condensation in light. Took dust cover back off and there must have been around 2 cups of water in there. Used the rolled up kitchen roll and made into wick method to soak up all the water, then used a hair dryer to fully dry it out, i have secured the dust cover back on and made sure the 2 prong things are engaged and fully
In. I did this last time and the water still got in. Is there a special way of putting this on?
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

00James00 wrote:Just been reading up on this, when I received my car the dust cover and metal thing that secures was off and down in the engine. So put these back on and secured it, then a few days later noticed water build up inside and really bad condensation in light. Took dust cover back off and there must have been around 2 cups of water in there. Used the rolled up kitchen roll and made into wick method to soak up all the water, then used a hair dryer to fully dry it out, i have secured the dust cover back on and made sure the 2 prong things are engaged and fully
In. I did this last time and the water still got in. Is there a special way of putting this on?
There is a foam seal in the cover and this needs to be present.

The 2 lugs need to be engaged correctly and then adjust the cover so the seal meets and fits the protruding plastic of the headlight.

Then engage the metal clip that holds the cover in place.

Its easy to get it wrong and not make a good seal.
My Name: Missing Lincs

Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.1
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Also worth checking for other ways water may be getting in, cracks and splits etc. It could be the cover was removed to try and get the water in the headlight to dry out.
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence and pretend you never tried :lol:
My Name: Andyandy

Year: 2005 (05)
Mileage: 80000
Trim Level: LX
Engine name: EB0 PureTech 3-Cylinder (68 PS)

How to stop condensation in c3 headlight.
Take the back off and take out the rubber seal as it will be like a sponge material.Replace with a draught excluder which is slightly deeper than original seal.make sure you it down to size approx half the width.job done when you get rid of condensation put the cap back on and make sure the unit is sealed property.Tend to find water runs down wing and onto top of light housing,that's where the problem lies.Hope this helps!