Replacement for old key cases.

If you have a Tip or Trick, some advice or you just want others to know something that is not specific to the fuel a Citroen C3 uses, please, post it here. Manual Gearbox, bodywork, interior, wheels and tyres are all welcome here.
Forum rules
Tips for any Citroen C3

Tips from forum members are encouraged and very welcome.

Questions are not to be posted in this section

No Engine tips

Think: Manual Gearbox, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, Wheels, Steering, Brakes and Suspension
My Name: Ozvtr

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (53)
Engine Size: 1.4 (8v)
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 80000
Trim Level: Other
Gearbox: Automatic PRND
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

It's getting late in the day for this sort of stuff, I know. My poor C3 is 17 years old and I still have to sort this stuff out?
But if you have the old style keys and they are looking a bit daggy...I mean worse for wear, I found an Ebay seller that is selling replacement key cases that aren't too bad.

Link to case on Ebay

I'm not promoting or Endorsing them but have a look, if your old keys are looking a bit worse for wear. They are only the case and not the blade. So if your key blade and central locking transmitter are working, this case might spruce it up a bit.
The big thing is they have the Citroen double chevron on them. Not the quality of the OEM but cheap and acceptable.
But wait! There's more!
I ordered 2 key cases and strangely, they were different from each other. I'll call them the good case and the bad case. In reality the bad case wasn't that bad but the good case was better. Why? Well, I had to super glue the chevrons onto the bad case because they just fell out when I pressed them in! The lock button on the bad case was constantly on. I had to trim the rubber actuator on the bad case to stop it from pressing on the button.
keys 001.jpg
keys 001.jpg (33.67 KiB) Viewed 130 times
key 003.jpg
key 003.jpg (44.71 KiB) Viewed 130 times
Another trap with replacing an old key is the key blade. The Chinese copies of the generic keys that you see on Ebay can come with a HU83 or VA2 blade. For the older style keys you need a VA2 type blade. The later "flip" style keys have a HU83 blade. The difference is the HU83 is very slightly thicker in all aspects and has a groove along the thin edge. Those blades (HU83) wont fit into the old (VA2) locks.
So if you are in the market for a new key blade and you want to save some money and not buy the blade from a locksmith, be aware that the blades are different.
The guys who cut keys in the high street shopping center might not carry these blades anyway!