OBD security

If you have a Tip or Trick, some advice or you just want others to know something that is not specific to the fuel a Citroen C3 uses, please, post it here. Manual Gearbox, bodywork, interior, wheels and tyres are all welcome here.
Forum rules
Tips for any Citroen C3

Tips from forum members are encouraged and very welcome.

Questions are not to be posted in this section

No Engine tips

Think: Manual Gearbox, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, Wheels, Steering, Brakes and Suspension
My Name: cfrank

Experienced Member
Model: C3 2017-on. The new C3
Year: 2020 (70)
Engine Size: NA
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 1000
Trim Level: Feel
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: Yes
LHD or RHD: LHD (Europe)
Engine name: BlueHDi (100 PS)

Hi,

I'm a new owner of a new C3 and after its first 1000 miles still very happy :)
I'm also happy to have come across this forum where technical information is shared.
Being aware of car thefts, my first 'mod' to the C3 was adding an OBD lock or 'OBD Saver' in order to prevent key reprogramming and similar attacks.
I'm not sure this a big issue with C3s but it's very easy to do, not too expensive and I've also done it for my other cars in the past.
OBDS-1_csw.jpg
Only issue (same with another car): even with the low profile 'basic' version, the lid wont shut anymore :-/
Solution (same with another car...): with the saver screwed in, push the OBD socket back in its bracket. It's just 5mm or so, but enough for the lid to close :-)
With the C3 I had to cut off a small notch to be able to push down a tab (see picture). You then push the socket back and up a little to unhook it at the bottom. It's really easier done than I'm able to explain :roll:
OBDS-2_csw.jpg