Mk2 A51 Rear spring replacement

If you have a Tip or Trick, some advice or you just want others to know something that is not specific to the fuel a Citroen C3 uses, please, post it here. Manual Gearbox, bodywork, interior, wheels and tyres are all welcome here.
Forum rules
Tips for any Citroen C3

Tips from forum members are encouraged and very welcome.

Questions are not to be posted in this section

No Engine tips

Think: Manual Gearbox, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, Wheels, Steering, Brakes and Suspension
My Name: Xantia2000

Model: C3 2013-2017 Facelift A51
Year: 2015 (15)
Engine Size: 1.4 (8v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 40000
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: Yes
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 diesel (70 PS)

Hi, Just replaced rear springs on my 2015 C3 A51 1.4 HDI 8v without a special spring compressor and have following tips.

Look at AutoDoc YouTube video for Peugeot 208 rear spring replacement (below) for a general guide as not same as Mk1 C3's.

1/2 inch E16 female Torx socket required for lower damper bolt head. Jack and support back end with wheels at least 6" clear of ground and remove rear wheels. Use trolley jack under the lower spring cup of beam to raise partly and take load off lower damper bolt. Clean up and lubricate thread of lower damper bolt at nut retaining device end. Use long bar extension to break stick of bolt at first as torqued up to 74 Ft LB's ( 10 daNm ) when fitted new. Undo bolt till thread is clear of retained nut. Place stick magnet on head of bolt as it will drop into rear beam otherwise when you tap it out with I/4 inch soft drift through retained nut, and is then a **** to get out. Lower trolley jack under first spring lower retaining cap. Repeat same thing on the other lower spring cap and damper lower bolt as you will not get enough clearance to get old spring out or new one in otherwise. You will still need to force down lower spring retaining cups with something to clear the spring, 12 inch grips worked for me. After new springs fitted ( have read you need to replace both spring as will not match old ones) do not torque up damper bolts till car back on level ground and springs taking car weight, there is just enough room to crawl under. This saves having damper lower bush being stressed I have read.

I found Lesjofords springs from GSF to be a good match, and price when on offer. Hope this helps.

My Name: Xantia2000

Model: C3 2013-2017 Facelift A51
Year: 2015 (15)
Engine Size: 1.4 (8v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 40000
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: Yes
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 diesel (70 PS)

Just to add, workshop manuals also say both lower spring tails should end up at between 55 to 80 degrees to the right of the rear for/aft centreline of the spring when fitted.