HOW-TO Update software of Citroen C3 2017

If you have a Tip or Trick, some advice or you just want others to know something that is not specific to the fuel a Citroen C3 uses, please, post it here. Manual Gearbox, bodywork, interior, wheels and tyres are all welcome here.
Forum rules
Tips for any Citroen C3

Tips from forum members are encouraged and very welcome.

Questions are not to be posted in this section

No Engine tips

Think: Manual Gearbox, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, Wheels, Steering, Brakes and Suspension
My Name: shmykelsa

Model: C3 2017-on. The new C3
Year: 2017 (17)
Engine Size: 1.6
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 7000
Trim Level: Stop & Start
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: Yes
LHD or RHD: LHD (Europe)
Engine name: BlueHDi (75 PS)

Hello there,
I am an Italian owner of a Citroen C3 2017, and just wanted to show you this trick I found working for updating the 7" touchpad software. It has been succesfully tested on a vaste number of C3 in Italy, I released a guide for my native Language, and just wanted to share it here also.

The whole thing goes around the french version of the site MyCitroen. MyCitroen is a serivce that basically lets you monitor the car and seek assistance.

So here are the installation steps (a pc is required):

1) If you haven't already done it, add your vehicle on MyCitroen with the Vehicle Identification Number. You can do it through MyCitroen in your native Language, either via PC or mobile app.

2) Once you've done it, you can see your C3 on the home page, and you're ready to visit https://www.mycitroen.fr from your PC, use the same account.

3) On the top there's a section "Les services" and then "Mise a jour de logiciel" (if you have problems locating it: https://mycitroen-fr.citroen.com/MyCitroen/?page=RCC). There you can find two orange buttons, "telecharge" which are two downloads. A small one, which is a key and a big one, a .tar file. Download 'em all. (the tar file could be really slow to download, it's not just you)

4) Prepare a flash drive of at least 8 GB, format it in FAT32, make a folder named "license" and put the .key file you downloaded.

5) Open the tar file (using 7zip or WinRAR, which are software) and extract it into the main folder.

6) You're ready to go. Put the USB drive into the car, start the engine (it must be ignited for the whole time, 15-20 mins, so be sure you're in a good place) and do the update! Some glitches will occur, screen flickering and stuff, just don't disconnect the USB, until it's completely done.

7) The touchpad will tell you when to extract the USB drive. If the system is still a bit glitched out, don't panic. It may need to be force restarted. Hold the white music key on the top left, until it reboots.

And that's it, you should have the latest version of the software

Hope it was helpful.

https://mycitroen-uk.citroen.com/MyCITROEN/

My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Thank you for this guide.
Hello there,
I am an Italian owner of a Citroen C3 2017, and just wanted to show you this trick I found working for updating the 7" touchpad software. It has been succesfully tested on a vaste number of C3 in Italy, I released a guide for my native Language, and just wanted to share it here also.

The whole thing goes around the french version of the site MyCitroen. MyCitroen is a serivce that basically lets you monitor the car and seek assistance.

So here are the installation steps (a pc is required):

1) If you haven't already done it, add your vehicle on MyCitroen with the Vehicle Identification Number. You can do it through MyCitroen in your native Language, either via PC or mobile app.

2) Once you've done it, you can see your C3 on the home page, and you're ready to visit https://www.mycitroen.fr from your PC, use the same account.

3) On the top there's a section "Les services" and then "Mise a jour de logiciel" (if you have problems locating it: https://mycitroen-fr.citroen.com/MyCitroen/?page=RCC). There you can find two orange buttons, "telecharge" which are two downloads. A small one, which is a key and a big one, a .tar file. Download 'em all. (the tar file could be really slow to download, it's not just you)

4) Prepare a flash drive of at least 8 GB, format it in FAT32, make a folder named "license" and put the .key file you downloaded.

5) Open the tar file (using 7zip or WinRAR, which are software) and extract it into the main folder.

6) You're ready to go. Put the USB drive into the car, start the engine (it must be ignited for the whole time, 15-20 mins, so be sure you're in a good place) and do the update! Some glitches will occur, screen flickering and stuff, just don't disconnect the USB, until it's completely done.

7) The touchpad will tell you when to extract the USB drive. If the system is still a bit glitched out, don't panic. It may need to be force restarted. Hold the white music key on the top left, until it reboots.

And that's it, you should have the latest version of the software

Hope it was helpful.

My Name: asb_c3

Year: 2016 (66)
Engine Size: 1.2
Fuel Type: Petrol
Trim Level: Feel
Engine name: EB2F PureTech 3-Cylinder (82 PS)

New update is available ...
My Name: dren

Mileage: 1000

Anybody updated to 0.74?

My side and wheel buttons are not working :( I can't even turn the volume down anymore...
My Name: shmykelsa

Mileage: 7000

dren wrote:Anybody updated to 0.74?

My side and wheel buttons are not working :( I can't even turn the volume down anymore...

If you just updated, some errors may occur and it's normal. A reset will do. If you feel like your installation is broken, you can force again the system update by entering the engineer mode
My Name: seboss2

Year: 2016 (66)
Mileage: 6000
Trim Level: Flair
Engine name: EB2DT-EB2ADT PureTech 3-Cylinder (110 PS)

Nice tutorial! BIG THANKS!
My Name: mariom

Mileage: 1
Trim Level: Flair

Please would you add the button sequence to view the current Firmware on the 2017 C3? I am looking to buy a 2017 C3 Flair and for some reason my Samsung S7 phone doesn't launch Android Auto with it (I use Android Auto standalone all the time in my current car). The dealer says it can't be updated but I'm not sure it's entirely true. Also any advice on firmware versions which can't be updated would be most welcome.

Cheers

Mario
My Name: sm4ynen

Longpress (5 sec) the audio ikon (the notes) and type in the code 7503900.

In there you can see the version of the software.
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

sm4ynen wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 7:21 am Longpress (5 sec) the audio ikon (the notes) and type in the code 7503900.

In there you can see the version of the software.
Thank you sm4ynen :)
My Name: birdybirdy

Year: 2018 (18)
Mileage: 200

What would be the difference between the 1_074 and the 1_073 software now in my car ?
C3 Aircross juli 2018 Puretech .12 Feel eddition