How to stop car mats from moving around

If you have a Tip or Trick, some advice or you just want others to know something that is not specific to the fuel a Citroen C3 uses, please, post it here. Manual Gearbox, bodywork, interior, wheels and tyres are all welcome here.
Forum rules
Tips for any Citroen C3

Tips from forum members are encouraged and very welcome.

Questions are not to be posted in this section

No Engine tips

Think: Manual Gearbox, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, Wheels, Steering, Brakes and Suspension
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Aftermarket car mats for the C3 are available and not all of them are created equally.

The drivers mat is often supplied with a fix down device to stop the car mat moving around and causing a hazard but the rear passengers and front seat passengers mats are often not given this feature.

There is a solution to fix the loose car mats and that is to upgrade existing mats with these Car Mat fixing clips.

The 3 part clips attach to the C3 floor carpet and to the mat which allows the mat to be clipped into position but it also allows for easy removal of the mat.

Here are some pictures that show the steps I made to upgrade the passenger mat 8-)

A loose car mat found in a Citroen C3
A loose car mat found in a Citroen C3
The loose car mat in the passenger footwell.

Punch a 25mm hole in the car mat to mount the clip
Punch a 25mm hole in the car mat to mount the clip
Punch a 25mm hole in the mat. I used a 25mm Q.MAX cutter, but there are many different 25mm hole punches available :)

Attach the clip to the mat
Attach the clip to the mat
With the hole now made, just attach each piece of the clip to either side of the mat and squeeze them together.

The finished car mat clips fitted to a Citroen C3
The finished car mat clips fitted to a Citroen C3
The third piece needs a small pilot hole drilled into the C3 carpet. Just go through the carpet and not into the insulation below. This will give the thread a good start and without the pilot, the thread will fail. Although there is a pozi drive head in the clip, ONLY turn by hand. These are not very strong and don't need may turns to latch into the carpet for a firm fix.

The car mat clips are here.

Job done, now I see how dirty the carpets are, I think I will have to go and clean them :roll: :lol:
My Name: tomcottey

Model: C3 2009-2013, New shape (A51)
Year: 2010 (10)
Engine Size: 1.4
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 40000
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: Yes

I've always used the hard Velcro >> stuck on the underside of the mats, i also used it on sub-woofers in the boot, worked a treat! >>
My Name: Ethanlittle99

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2007 (57)
Engine Size: 1.6
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 47000
Trim Level: LX
Gearbox: Automatic PRND
DPF: No

Hi, I found that if you use the rubber mesh thing that stops indoor rugs moving on wooden floors it gives the mat more grip