Heated seat upgrade

If you have a Tip or Trick, some advice or you just want others to know something that is not specific to the fuel a Citroen C3 uses, please, post it here. Manual Gearbox, bodywork, interior, wheels and tyres are all welcome here.
Forum rules
Tips for any Citroen C3

Tips from forum members are encouraged and very welcome.

Questions are not to be posted in this section

No Engine tips

Think: Manual Gearbox, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, Wheels, Steering, Brakes and Suspension
My Name: Citroen-Driver

C3 Master
Model: C3 Pluriel - with or without roof
Year: 2003 (53)
Engine Size: 1.6 (16v)
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 90000
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: ET3 16-valve (90 PS)

An aftermarket heated seat install is available for the Citroen C3.

You don't need a special seat as the original grey seats like these can be upgraded to the aftermarket heated version with its improved heating element. None of this uses the Citroen computer control so lexia is not needed to 'enable' the luxuriously warm seat :lol:

Citroen C3 heated seats
Citroen C3 heated seats
These C3 seats can be fitted with heating.

There is a topic here, that explains the grey cover removal process for the seat by Missing_Lincs. You may not need to remove the complete cover because you only need to get enough access to fit the heating elements. The base model seat covers are much easier to remove.
The later 'exclusive' models have much more sculpting of the cover and need many 'hog rings' cutting off.

TIP: don't try to reuse the hog-rings, just discard them and replace their function with some small cable ties :)

Decide on where you want the heated seat switch to be located.

Citroen originally fit the switch on the side of the seat

Citroen C3 heated seat switch location
Citroen C3 heated seat switch location
C3 heated seat switch is (13) but this means you have to sit in the seat to operate it.

I chose to fit the switches in the centre console so I can switch them both on/off from the drivers seat.

Heated seat control switch location
Heated seat control switch location
This is where I will fit the switches,

The kit for heated seats is available on eBay - here. The main differences are down to which switch they supply. You pick the one you prefer.

This is a heated seat kit, suitable for the C3. It comes with two of the 3 position switches (low/off/high) and 4 sets of pads - enough to do the seat and back of two seats.

Upgrade Citroen C3 to heated seats
Upgrade Citroen C3 to heated seats

I used the power from the cigarette lighter supply because the cigarette lighter is no longer connected and the heating elements don't draw huge currents, even though they do get nice and hot.

The kit came with cables and connectors but I added some extra crimp connectors and some extra fuses for good measure.

The final switches fitted in the centre console
Switches fitted for heated seats on a Citroen C3
Switches fitted for heated seats on a Citroen C3

the various stages of removing the seat covers and laying the heating mats on the seat foam. The grey seat cover holds the mat in position when its all put back together with some small cable ties holding it together.

Citroen C3 seat preparation for heating
Citroen C3 seat preparation for heating
heating element on a Citroen C3 seat
heating element on a Citroen C3 seat
Fitting the heated seat mat
Fitting the heated seat mat

Cut the hog rings with heavy duty cutters or open them up and slip them off, either way is time consuming. Refitting cable-ties in place of hog rings is quick and painless.

Hog rings attach the seat cover to the seat foam
Hog rings attach the seat cover to the seat foam

The kits are available here, here and here, plenty of different switches to choose from.