Front Wipers Stopped - fix

If you have a Tip or Trick, some advice or you just want others to know something that is not specific to the fuel a Citroen C3 uses, please, post it here. Manual Gearbox, bodywork, interior, wheels and tyres are all welcome here.
Forum rules
Tips for any Citroen C3

Tips from forum members are encouraged and very welcome.

Questions are not to be posted in this section

No Engine tips

Think: Manual Gearbox, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, Wheels, Steering, Brakes and Suspension
My Name: martinbingo

Contributor

Hi All, Today i decided to strip down the front wiper motor and control rods.. this is a dead simple job, i took off the controls rods,stripped,cleaned,greased,and rebuilt 1 hour .

Citroen C3 wiper motor and linkage removal fix
Citroen C3 wiper motor and linkage removal fix

i did this as the wipers had stopped working, check fuse ok. when i stripped out rods it is easy to remove motor, on doing this i connected the elec plug again and turned on wipers with just motor in my hand,nothing, disconnect plug and remove 2 torx screw from body and remove motor cover, looks like a can, then i found reason part of the motor had given up, so new motor needed.

off ebay 120 pounds only one that would fit, so going to get the motor rewound that should be perfect. then rebuild 30 mins, test and hopefully done.......martin

Citroen C3 wiper motor fix
Citroen C3 wiper motor fix