Front bumper holding bolts under lights

If you have a Tip or Trick, some advice or you just want others to know something that is not specific to the fuel a Citroen C3 uses, please, post it here. Manual Gearbox, bodywork, interior, wheels and tyres are all welcome here.
Forum rules
Tips for any Citroen C3

Tips from forum members are encouraged and very welcome.

Questions are not to be posted in this section

No Engine tips

Think: Manual Gearbox, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, Wheels, Steering, Brakes and Suspension
My Name: c3po03

Top Contributor
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 40000
Trim Level: Touch
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No

This is to pass on my improvement to the existing bolts that hold the front bumper on and can be found on C3 models under the headlight.

If you refer to the attached picture it shows the old bolt on the left. My new improvement on the right, missing a larger washer for the bolt at the top. The bumper clip shown in the middle on both.

As you may experience the bumper fitment drop creating a gap. Adjustment to proper fit may prove difficult as you can see the bolts rust up. The galvanized improvement will not rust. You may have these pieces about the house, the barrel bolt are used to put bed frames together.

Please feel free to use the design. Tell everyone how you got on. One last tip; bolt tops are ten millimeter and with the barrel bolt as the new clip ensure the large part is facing outwards, to hold the bumper.

Bumper fixings Old and New
Bumper fixings Old and New
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

c3po03 wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:44 pm This is to pass on my improvement to the existing bolts that hold the front bumper on and can be found on C3 models under the headlight.
Thank you c3po03.

A crude kit of the parts can be found here and here.

The kit are the 'furniture fixers'
Citroen C3 bumper fixing repair upgrade parts
Citroen C3 bumper fixing repair upgrade parts
and the bright zinc plated bolts, nuts and washers
Citroen C3 bumper fixing reapir
Citroen C3 bumper fixing reapir