Display Sidelight/Indicator/Brake light fault Tow Bar fitted

If you have a Tip or Trick, some advice or you just want others to know something that is not specific to the fuel a Citroen C3 uses, please, post it here. Manual Gearbox, bodywork, interior, wheels and tyres are all welcome here.
Forum rules
Tips for any Citroen C3

Tips from forum members are encouraged and very welcome.

Questions are not to be posted in this section

No Engine tips

Think: Manual Gearbox, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, Wheels, Steering, Brakes and Suspension
My Name: danieldemain

Top Contributor
Model: C3 2006-2009, Facelift model
Year: 2007 (07)
Engine Size: 1.4 (8v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 80000
Trim Level: Desire
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No

Dashboard display kept showing sidelight/indicator/brake lights failure on 2007 desire I checked all bulbs all working ok. The vehicle is fitted with towbar and electrics as the lights operate through canbus I needed to fit a universal relay to operate the necessary lights when the towbar was fitted 3 year ago. I noticed that the relay was clicking when the lights and ignition was turned off the relay is fitted in the hatch, I pulled the permanent supply fuse to the relay and that cured the problem no more dashboard fault display for the lights I reinserted the fuse after a few minutes this resets the relay found this out on towbar suppliers website. Problem solved I hope this helps someone who is experiencing the same problem with a towbar.