Disconnecting Coolant pipes marked NORMA PA6 GF50

If you have a Tip or Trick, some advice or you just want others to know something that is not specific to the fuel a Citroen C3 uses, please, post it here. Manual Gearbox, bodywork, interior, wheels and tyres are all welcome here.
Forum rules
Tips for any Citroen C3

Tips from forum members are encouraged and very welcome.

Questions are not to be posted in this section

No Engine tips

Think: Manual Gearbox, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, Wheels, Steering, Brakes and Suspension
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Originally appearing in Removing radiator in 2003 C3 this is the instructions for disconnecting the NORMA connections found on various pipes on the cooling system of a Citroen C3. The clips are marked NORMA PA6 GF50 which identifies the manufacturer and also the material that the paer is made from. No part numbers of the actual quick connection appear on the part.

The quick connect normas are found on the radiator:
Clips on the cooling system radiator of a Citroen C3
Clips on the cooling system radiator of a Citroen C3
and on the expansion tank:
NORMA clip removal on coolant hose expansion
NORMA clip removal on coolant hose expansion

This is a slide show reading from left to right showing the clip removal and NORMA coupling disconnection on a Citroen C3

https://citroenc3owners.com/resources/no ... -gf50/1158

and these are the instructions that appear in the original reply to the question posed by nostromo regarding his 2003 C3
nostromo wrote:Any tips on how to get these off?
C3Driver52 wrote:This NORMA clip is found on the header/expansion tank and is the same as the other NORMA clip found on the radiator but this one is easier to photograph. The NORMA seals with an 'O' ring, so its worth checking the 'O' ring is in good condition when refitting, or just change it as a matter of course.

The NORMA clip marked PA6 GF50
PA6 GF50 doesn't identify the part, only the material its made from - a form of nylon.

The clip and be fully removed by continuing to lift it away from the pipe. With the clip removed, the pipe an be pulled from the expansion tank or radiator housing.
Fully detached NORMA clip found on C3 coolant expansion hose
Fully detached NORMA clip found on C3 coolant expansion hose

There a kits of O Rings on Amazon that would be good replacements for the ones found on these clips.
My Name: detectorjohn

Contributor
Year: 2002 (02)
Mileage: 130000

the clip is different on the bottom of our 2002 and it got broke when my youngest girls boyfriend tried to take it of so need a replacement i will try to get a photo on here
Clip from lower radiator point is broken
Clip from lower radiator point is broken
ATB John
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Year: 2003 (03)
Mileage: 79984
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

detectorjohn wrote:the clip is different on the bottom of our 2002 and it got broke when my youngest girls boyfriend tried to take it of so need a replacement i will try to get a photo on here

ATB John
Thanks for the picture. Unfortunately it sometimes only becomes obvious how clips are easily disengaged after damaging them so badly it puts them past usable service :(

Hopefully your picture will make it a bit clearer to others who want to tackle the job :)

I had a look for your clip and can't see it as a separate item, and think you may have to get the complete pipe with its attached clip. You local Citroen dealer may be worth a try for the part?