Central locking.

If you have a Tip or Trick, some advice or you just want others to know something that is not specific to the fuel a Citroen C3 uses, please, post it here. Manual Gearbox, bodywork, interior, wheels and tyres are all welcome here.
Forum rules
Tips for any Citroen C3

Tips from forum members are encouraged and very welcome.

Questions are not to be posted in this section

No Engine tips

Think: Manual Gearbox, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, Wheels, Steering, Brakes and Suspension
My Name: patt

Contributor

The central locking on my C3 1.4 petrol was not working properly for many weeks since I purchased it last December. It locked when leaving the car and would open as long as you tried within about 15 minutes. Any longer, and it refused to open except using the key in the door.
Fortunately, I stumbled on a similar problem on a different forum. I could not believe it! The car's built in computer did not like the aftermarket radio and unplugging it solved the problem. Yes really!!!
If you have a central locking problem this is easy to try.

My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Hi patt,

Thanks for the tip,

The problem crops up often here, an after market radio is installed without the correct wiring alterations causing draining of the battery and putting the BSI into 'deep sleep' to conserve battery power. Trouble is 'deep-sleep mode' makes the central locking unresponsive because the BSI computer is sleeping.

There is a post here for people wishing to discover what wiring alterations are required to avoid the central locking problem along with the radio not remembering its stations or the radio not powering down.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)
My Name: patt

Contributor

Thank you so much for the wiring info on the radio problem. I swapped wires from pins 4 and 7 and it's fine. If all C3 problems were that easy..........

Cheers.