Brake light on all the time while lights are on - FIX

If you have a Tip or Trick, some advice or you just want others to know something that is not specific to the fuel a Citroen C3 uses, please, post it here. Manual Gearbox, bodywork, interior, wheels and tyres are all welcome here.
Forum rules
Tips for any Citroen C3

Tips from forum members are encouraged and very welcome.

Questions are not to be posted in this section

No Engine tips

Think: Manual Gearbox, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, Wheels, Steering, Brakes and Suspension
My Name: Spannerdemon

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2004 (54)
Engine Size: 1.4 (8v)
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 64000
Trim Level: Rhythm
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

Originally posted by Spannerdemon in this topic by Spannerdemon where the brake lights were found to be permanently illuminated when the lights were on and the solution too :)
Spannerdemon wrote:My wife and I haven't had our C3 very long but were advised by another driver recently that our brake lights were permanently on.
I'm pretty clued up, and immediately thought of a failed or sticking brake light switch. Anyway, whilst checking it out, it became obvious that the brake lights were working fine. The problem was that when I turned the lights on, the brake lights came on too. So now had a dangerous situation whenever I braked, no warning was given as the brake lights were already on permanently. Clearly there was a short somewhere.

I found it quite by accident. A previous owner had replaced the top bulb with a single contact bulb, instead of the twin contact stop tail bulb that should have been installed. The single contact bulb was bridging the two contacts causing a short. When removing the bulb it was obvious that there were two connections, not one.
A new stop/tail bulb solved the problem immediately (here).
Hope it helps anyone with the same problem. It had been like this since we bought the car, but we hadn't used it at night before.
citroen-c3-questions/rear-light-and-bra ... t2230.html

Removing the rear lamp cluster to change the brake lamp instructions are in this topic (here).

2 new stop and tail lamps are available here.