Anti roll bar bush replacement

If you have a Tip or Trick, some advice or you just want others to know something that is not specific to the fuel a Citroen C3 uses, please, post it here. Manual Gearbox, bodywork, interior, wheels and tyres are all welcome here.
Forum rules
Tips for any Citroen C3

Tips from forum members are encouraged and very welcome.

Questions are not to be posted in this section

No Engine tips

Think: Manual Gearbox, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, Wheels, Steering, Brakes and Suspension
My Name: patt

Contributor

Replacing the nearside anti roll bar bush seemed like a big job, lowering the subframe, etc. I replaced mine by removing the air cleaner (1.4 petrol) and used a collection of socket extensions to reach behind the gearbox to the retaining bolt. With the n/s front wheel on a 3 inch block and careful jacking of the body you can reach through from behind the tyre to remove and replace the bush.
The retaining bolt is tight all the way out, and one should, of course, use a new bolt on re assembly........
No need to remove the roll bar links, just careful jacking of the body does the trick.
Yes, it is fiddly, but the car is a C3.
Hope this is useful to someone else.

My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Hope this is useful to someone else.
I am sure it will be. Clonking sounds from the front, or more likely a failure or advisory on the MOT test will bring this one up.
Citroen C3 anti roll bar bush replacement
Citroen C3 anti roll bar bush replacement
The anti rollbar bush is the red one, there are 2, one on each side.

You can find the C3 Anti Roll Bar Bush at Euro Car Parts (here), not expensive and not so difficult to fit, thanks to the tip given above by patt ;)