Picasso 100 Blue not charging issue fixed. Lack of Citroen Support

If you have a Tip or Trick, some advice to give or you just want others to know something that is Specific to the a Diesel Citroen C3, please, post it here.
Forum rules
Tips for a Diesel powered Citroen C3

Tips from forum members are encouraged and very welcome.

Questions are not to be posted in this section

Think: Diesel engine, diesel fuel system, diesel injectors and glow plug tips
My Name: Dobin

Model: C3 Picasso
Year: 2015 (15)
Engine Size: 1.6
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 40000
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: Yes
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: BlueHDi (100 PS)

I have had a charging fault that proved impossible to diagnose by normal means. The charge light went out immediately the engine started but the battery didn't charge. First diagnosis was faulty alternator but changing this made no difference. Other expensive electronic diagnosis found no faults. Eventually I found there were a series of recalls outstanding on my car, one of which was a reprogramming of the ECU. This cured the charging fault and made the 100 Blue engine run much better. It became more flexible, much more like the earlier pre-Blue engine.
Citroen didn't inform me of these outstanding updates and there seems to be no way of fining out if your car is due updates. In the past Citroen always informed me of impending updates but say this is no longer their policy. Not good customer relations!

Citroen used to inform owners of recalls but have stopped unlike many other manufacturers.Lot or owners of older cars use othiceer, less expensive options for service.
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Dobin wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:40 pm I have had a charging fault that proved impossible to diagnose by normal means. The charge light went out immediately the engine started but the battery didn't charge. First diagnosis was faulty alternator but changing this made no difference. Other expensive electronic diagnosis found no faults. Eventually I found there were a series of recalls outstanding on my car, one of which was a reprogramming of the ECU. This cured the charging fault and made the 100 Blue engine run much better. It became more flexible, much more like the earlier pre-Blue engine.
Citroen didn't inform me of these outstanding updates and there seems to be no way of fining out if your car is due updates. In the past Citroen always informed me of impending updates but say this is no longer their policy. Not good customer relations!
Thank you for sharing the solution to 'BlueHDi not charging fault' :)

Citroen dealers should check for outstanding recalls, updates and check for fault codes as part of the service schedule. They should also check for software updates if the car comes in for a fault. You are in the hands of the Citroen dealers for this because there wont be many other garages that have access to Citroens database.