DFP/FAP regeneration test - check for activation

If you have a Tip or Trick, some advice to give or you just want others to know something that is Specific to the a Diesel Citroen C3, please, post it here.
Forum rules
Tips for a Diesel powered Citroen C3

Tips from forum members are encouraged and very welcome.

Questions are not to be posted in this section

Think: Diesel engine, diesel fuel system, diesel injectors and glow plug tips
My Name: C3POster

Model: C3 2009-2013, New shape (A51)
Year: 2012 (62)
Engine Size: 1.6 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 50000
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 6 speed
DPF: Yes
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV6 16-valve diesel DPF-FAP (110 PS)

Hey guys am new here but very well versed with cars for many many years.
Have worked on them for so long.
Anyway one of the tips I have is for the C3 diesel owners.
This applies to most cars with a DPF/FAP.
Many don't have the warning light on the dash to let you know the car is regening, I always tell people never to switch off if you notice as can cause many issues such as contamination of oil bore wash the list is endless.
But how do I know if the car is regening I here you ask, well as I have seen many cars coding over the years i know for fact and have done this many times, if you think it may be regening, first clue is fans on to cool the dpf, but within the coding including for these cars they have it coded for heated mirrors, to come on along with the rear demister, open the window and put your hand over the rear viewing mirror it will be hot, as well as rear, you may think you don't have heated mirrors. You do not have to have a switch to have this many do with many not knowing, many have heated mirrors and never know ,as soon as they cool down you will know the regen is done, along with your return of normal mpg and revs.

All good to know folks, trust me it's all true, and if you really want to know with a visual ref, then do what I have done for many many people, tap into the mirror positive and neg terminals, with a small cheap diode, run it to somewhere discreet but visible, this will engage anytime the car regens, along with you mirrors, and will go off just like the mirrors also. Costs a quid to install.

Don't say I ain't good to yah all
My Name: cfrank

Experienced Member
Model: C3 2017-on. The new C3
Year: 2020 (70)
Engine Size: NA
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 1000
Trim Level: Feel
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: Yes
LHD or RHD: LHD (Europe)
Engine name: BlueHDi (100 PS)

An amazing hack :D I'll check my mirrors next time I suspect a regen.
However, in 100k miles of driving Diesels (MINI and Land Rover) I only ever noticed a regen when the engine fan ran after parking... :oops: Happened only twice... So, yes I would like to know, but do i need to know? :lol: