Any thoughts on the build quality and reliability of the latest C3?

Drop by the Citroen C3 Club and tell us what you like the best about your Citroen C3.

To Join the C3 Club, sign up for an account and post a picture of your C3 here! Add a few words about yourself, your car or your interests!

Citroen C3 Owners Club is UK based, but everyone is welcome to join!

No car problem questions here please
Forum rules
The Citroen C3 Club area! (Whats great about my Citroen C3)

All forum members are encouraged to add pictures of their C3 here. Questions are not to be posted here. You may only post questions HERE
My Name: justintime

Top Contributor
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.1
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 50000
Trim Level: Flair
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

Guys and Gals

My C3 has been in the family from 2002 and it's been a great car with no particular issues. It's comfortable, economical, and cheap to run. But it may be time to replace it with another comfortable and economic car, just like the latest incarnation of the C3.

I'm not interested in the touch screen models, and am not bothered about aircon. So the basic petrol Touch version would suit me well.

Do any folks have experience of the latest C3? I've looked at a few reviews and am familiar with the pros and cons, but would be particularly interested in any views about build quality and reliability.

Thanks in advance for any contributions.
My Name: hobbo

Year: 2017 (17)
Engine Size: 1.2
Mileage: 1600
Trim Level: Feel
Engine name: EB2DT-EB2ADT PureTech 3-Cylinder (110 PS)

Hi I bought a C3 in May of this year the car seemed o.k. but certainly did not like the touch screen. If I was in it by myself it was quite dangerous to alter fan ,radio, etc because you have to take your eyes of the road to look at the screen. The ride height was also a bit low for us. Have now got a Picasso with only 1500 on the clock so virtually brand new.
My Name: justintime

Top Contributor
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.1
Mileage: 50000
Trim Level: Flair

hobbo wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:17 pm Hi I bought a C3 in May of this year the car seemed o.k. but certainly did not like the touch screen. If I was in it by myself it was quite dangerous to alter fan ,radio, etc because you have to take your eyes of the road to look at the screen. The ride height was also a bit low for us. Have now got a Picasso with only 1500 on the clock so virtually brand new.
Hi Hobbo, thanks for your input. I'm not keen on the touch screen models exactly for the reasons you give, but also because I'd hope to keep it 10 years at least (like my current C3) and can forsee the touch screen and associated electronics giving trouble during my ownership. I'm probably in the minority but I prefer to keep it as simple as possible so that there's less to go wrong.

For me the ride height is fine, but I hope you enjoy the Picasso.