2011 C3 gone!

Drop by the Citroen C3 Club and tell us what you like the best about your Citroen C3.

To Join the C3 Club, sign up for an account and post a picture of your C3 here! Add a few words about yourself, your car or your interests!

Citroen C3 Owners Club is UK based, but everyone is welcome to join!

No car problem questions here please
Forum rules
The Citroen C3 Club area! (Whats great about my Citroen C3)

All forum members are encouraged to add pictures of their C3 here. Questions are not to be posted here. You may only post questions HERE
My Name: routemaster1

C3 Master
Model: C3 2017-on. The new C3
Year: 2019 (19)
Engine Size: 1.2
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 300
Trim Level: Flair
Gearbox: Manual 6 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: EB2DT-EB2ADT PureTech 3-Cylinder (110 PS)

Not a problem, but just to say that our 2011 C3 110bhp 1.6HDi has gone. We have had the car from new, and it has caused us very few problems in its 126,000 miles. We have had the car regularly serviced, so no turbo issues. Apart from brakes very little has been changed and lower suspension arms. We had one injector cause problems, changed under warranty. There have been a couple of issues with abs sensors and/or rings and there has been a minor annoyance in that from the start until it went the rear parking sensors would give false positives when the car got wet. despite the agent's best efforts it has never been solved. Still on the original exhaust and the battery lasted until it gave out last month.

The final straw was the issue which I have reported about in the last few months was a weird problem with the steering . On acceleration the car would pull quite hard to the left, and when the accelerator was eased the car would come back in line. It started under hard acceleration, but over time it occurred at lower acceleration. Some suggested torque steer, but the acceleration was far too moderate for that to be the problem. I took it to a local garage who did all they could to find the problem, and they reported that they couldn't find anything well. We decided that trying to spend to fix it was good money after bad. So we sold it to a dealer for virtually no money. It owed us nothing. I expect it to go for spares.

Its a shame to see it go after 10 years of reasonably priced service. My daughter has been using it for the last 5 years, and she has decided to buy her own car.