USB & Bluetooth stopped working

Audio, ICE, Speakers, Head Unit, CD, CD Multi changer. If you have a question about any Citroen C3 related Audio, then this is the place.

Please indicate if there is a Citroen CD multi-changer, drawer or cubby under the CD/Radio, if there is the Navigation unit, CD or Radio options.
Forum rules
Only post questions about AUDIO equipment in this topic please. In car entertainment, ICE, Android Auto, stereo and sat-nav are all welcome here
My Name: BusbyBantam

Model: C3 2009-2013, New shape (A51)
Year: 2011 (11)
Engine Size: 1.4
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 94000
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: Yes
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

Hi,

We've owned our Citroen C3 VTR since new (2011) and a few weeks ago both the Bluetooth and the USB/AUX port have stopped working. I initially thought this might be the USB/AUX port and had it replaced during it's recent service, but that hasn't worked and I'm still without both facilities. Up until the time it stopped it'd worked perfectly for all those years, even now the CD player and radio both work fine, but the USB or AUX just shows the hour glass when I try to select that source and eventually just drop out. The Bluetooth doesn't seem to work at all!! Has anyone experienced this before or have any suggestions on how I can get around this?
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
DPF: No
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

BusbyBantam wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:01 pm Hi,

We've owned our Citroen C3 VTR since new (2011) and a few weeks ago both the Bluetooth and the USB/AUX port have stopped working. I initially thought this might be the USB/AUX port and had it replaced during it's recent service, but that hasn't worked and I'm still without both facilities. Up until the time it stopped it'd worked perfectly for all those years, even now the CD player and radio both work fine, but the USB or AUX just shows the hour glass when I try to select that source and eventually just drop out. The Bluetooth doesn't seem to work at all!! Has anyone experienced this before or have any suggestions on how I can get around this?
I would imagine the head unit is faulty because this is the common factor.

Try a reset, but why did the garage change the USB without resetting first?

I would see what Citroen say, but, to me, I would imagine you will come away with a new head unit and a lighter wallet.
My Name: BusbyBantam

Model: C3 2009-2013, New shape (A51)
Year: 2011 (11)
Engine Size: 1.4
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 94000
DPF: Yes

C3driver52 wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:53 am
BusbyBantam wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:01 pm Hi,

I would imagine the head unit is faulty because this is the common factor.

Try a reset, but why did the garage change the USB without resetting first?

I would see what Citroen say, but, to me, I would imagine you will come away with a new head unit and a lighter wallet.
I was thinking it might be the head unit too. I've seen a few on a well known auction site, would there be an issue with getting one of these and replacing it?? Do I need a code or something?
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
DPF: No
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

BusbyBantam wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:20 pm I was thinking it might be the head unit too. I've seen a few on a well known auction site, would there be an issue with getting one of these and replacing it?? Do I need a code or somethin
The radio is coded to the car in the BSI and you can't just enter a code into the radio. The paring is done by a dealer tool diagbox to marry the 2 together, well that is what its like for the previous versions of C3 and these things don't tend to change over the years.