Upgrading stereo , software

Audio, ICE, Speakers, Head Unit, CD, CD Multi changer. If you have a question about any Citroen C3 related Audio, then this is the place.

Please indicate if there is a Citroen CD multi-changer, drawer or cubby under the CD/Radio, if there is the Navigation unit, CD or Radio options.
Forum rules
Only post questions about AUDIO equipment in this topic please. In car entertainment, ICE, Android Auto, stereo and sat-nav are all welcome here
My Name: Dannybartlett2

Model: C3 2006-2009, Facelift model
Year: 2006 (06)
Engine Size: 1.4
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 80000
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

Hi all.

I'm looking to do one of two things

Either add in aux/Bluetooth to my stereo or buy an aftermarket one

But got some questions

I've seen that if you add in aux/Bluetooth I have to take it to the garage to get activated but I'm being quoted £60 , is there any way around this/can I do it at home?

Or if I go ahead and get an aftermarket one, is there a way where I can keep the dashboard computer (sorry can't think of the technical wording haha) so I can change date/time and mph-kph etc etc

Happy to send pics or give any specs about car if needed :)

First post ... Be kind

Danny :)
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Mileage: 79984
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Hello Dannybartlett2
Dannybartlett2 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:41 pm I've seen that if you add in aux/Bluetooth I have to take it to the garage to get activated but I'm being quoted £60 , is there any way around this/can I do it at home?
Yes, you can do these sort of 'dealer only' jobs at home. Many of us do, you can do the configuration you want, and so much more with lexia/diagbox tool (information post here). But to be fair, with the cost of the box, the time it takes to learn how to use it, paying just £60 sounds like a good deal.
But if you wanted to do other things, like diagnostics of the engine running, the ABS system, anything dealer only, then it may pay for itself quite quickly.

Dannybartlett2 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:41 pm Or if I go ahead and get an aftermarket one, is there a way where I can keep the dashboard computer (sorry can't think of the technical wording haha) so I can change date/time and mph-kph etc etc
You need a compatible headunit, many of them are that have the extra input, and a Connects2 adaptor that will map the old citroen radio button functions to the new aftermarket radio so you keep the ability to set the clock etc.

Thanks for coming back quickly!

So I might be getting a stereo off my brother how can I tell if it's combatable with the connector (sorry novice here)

And is it literally a case of connecting the wires and the unit to the stereo and jobs a goodun?

Don't suppose there's any YouTube tutorials?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01HTGTIWI/ ... CEJ6PHNHAW

I'm assuming this is what is needed??

Guru

Dannybartlett2 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:23 pm Thanks for coming back quickly!

So I might be getting a stereo off my brother how can I tell if it's combatable with the connector (sorry novice here)

And is it literally a case of connecting the wires and the unit to the stereo and jobs a goodun?

Don't suppose there's any YouTube tutorials?

I don't know anything about the stereo your brother has, but if you can find out the make and model, you can contact the manufacturer and ask about it's connect2 compatability. Ask the sort of questions you would if you were buying it new. 'Will it work with my car' etc.

The connect2 have instructions on how to connect it and the stereo should come with the right cables and some instructions to install it, I guess you will be asking your brother lots of questions?

The new/second hand stereo won't need any programming of the C3 for it to work, so yes, with all the wires connected correctly, it will work.

You can search youtube to find most videos for most jobs.

Guru

Dannybartlett2 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:59 pm https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01HTGTIWI/ ... CEJ6PHNHAW

I'm assuming this is what is needed??
It is always best to ask the seller this question.

Let them know what you have and what you want to archive. This provides a contract with the seller that it will do what the seller agreed and if it turns out they are not compatible, you have a clear reason to return it.