stereo i fitted keeps going back to the first song

Audio, ICE, Speakers, Head Unit, CD, CD Multi changer. If you have a question about any Citroen C3 related Audio, then this is the place.

Please indicate if there is a Citroen CD multi-changer, drawer or cubby under the CD/Radio, if there is the Navigation unit, CD or Radio options.
Forum rules
Only post questions about AUDIO equipment in this topic please. In car entertainment, ICE, Android Auto, stereo and sat-nav are all welcome here
My Name: C3Noob

Experienced Member
Model: C3 2006-2009, Facelift model
Year: 2006 (06)
Engine Size: 1.4
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 120000
Trim Level: LX
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

The stereo i fitted keeps going back to the first song on the SD card as if its been unplugged, i have checked all the wires and they seem intact. this doesnt happen everytime i start the car but 6 out of 10 times it will. the radio stations i tuned in stay saved.
it was fine in the previous car.
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

C3Noob wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:08 pm The stereo i fitted keeps going back to the first song on the SD card as if its been unplugged, i have checked all the wires and they seem intact. this doesnt happen everytime i start the car but 6 out of 10 times it will. the radio stations i tuned in stay saved.
it was fine in the previous car.
Do you do this:

Put the radio on,

Then start the engine

Find the radio/SD skips back to the beginning?

The starter motor takes a big chunk of the battery power and there is no alternator power at the time of starting, leaving not enough for the radio.

You battery is not able to supply enough power to the radio and starter motor at the same time.

You may need a bigger capacity battery, a new starter motor or to turn the radio on, only after the engine has started.

Experienced Member

ahhhh never knew that, the radio is always on.
it turns on and off along with the ignition, ill try turning it off first from now though cheers again

Experienced Member

having tested this i turn the radio off then engine off
get back in and start the car then put the radio back on but it still goes back to the first song on the sd card
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

You may have the stereo wired incorrectly?

The standard C3 stereo doesn't match the standard ISO of virtually every other iso radio.

The memory backup power live and the normal live feed for function like playing music is reversed.

You may need to feed a new 12v feed directly from the battery to the memory wire , in place of what you have now?

The reason the C3 is different is because it is under total computer control. Bypassing this control on the memory line and fed direct to the battery can avoid this effect with aftermarket stereos not designed for they C3 system