Radio /cd not working

Audio, ICE, Speakers, Head Unit, CD, CD Multi changer. If you have a question about any Citroen C3 related Audio, then this is the place.

Please indicate if there is a Citroen CD multi-changer, drawer or cubby under the CD/Radio, if there is the Navigation unit, CD or Radio options.
Forum rules
Only post questions about AUDIO equipment in this topic please. In car entertainment, ICE, Android Auto, stereo and sat-nav are all welcome here
My Name: Driveway

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 90000
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: Yes

Guys,c3 1.4 hdi 52 plate, radio has gradually stopped working I.e received channels for a short while when switching on, then after a couple of mins nothing, also the CD player doesn't work now, any clues please,
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Driveway wrote:Guys,c3 1.4 hdi 52 plate, radio has gradually stopped working I.e received channels for a short while when switching on, then after a couple of mins nothing, also the CD player doesn't work now, any clues please,
I would fit an aftermarket stereo, bearing in mind you need to swap the wires on pins 4 and 7 of the power plug to get it all woring correctly. You can pick up a new stereo quite cheaply on ebay.

Faulty CD players could be anything from a dirty laser to mechanical wear. Channels that disappear over time are probably due to things heating up and going out of spec. Its not going to be worth repairing your faulty unit. :(

If you want to replace the stereo with an identical one, it will need to be coded or decoded for the car, but an after market one won't affect the car security if you get the wire swap right ;)