How to find the right original mp3 radio

Audio, ICE, Speakers, Head Unit, CD, CD Multi changer. If you have a question about any Citroen C3 related Audio, then this is the place.

Please indicate if there is a Citroen CD multi-changer, drawer or cubby under the CD/Radio, if there is the Navigation unit, CD or Radio options.
Forum rules
Only post questions about AUDIO equipment in this topic please. In car entertainment, ICE, Android Auto, stereo and sat-nav are all welcome here
My Name: dawn241259

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2009 (09)
Engine Size: 1.4
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 90000
Trim Level: Airdream+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 diesel (70 PS)

I have brought a citroen C3 2009 Airdream, that has an after market radio, which i hate. I want to be able to use the stalk controls, so want to install an original secondhand radio.

How do i find the right mp3 radio with the correct serial no.? I cannot find any information online to find the correct model. There are plenty on Ebay, and my garage guy says he can code it to my car no problem, if i get the right one. Has to be the right year he said, but i have no idea how to find out what make and serial number to look for. Would it be a siemens, continental or Bosch aswell?

Can anyone help?
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Hello

That's not how it works.

Any of the stereos from that year should fit. The coding is by the VIN and not the serial number.

You will still need lexia/dealer to code any citron radio to the car, irrespective of the serial number.

You could possibly find a connects2 adaptor that is compatible with your aftermarket, but this would depend on the actual model number of the aftermarket and its features.
My Name: dawn241259

Year: 2009 (09)
Engine Size: 1.4
Mileage: 90000
Trim Level: Airdream+
Engine name: DV4 diesel (70 PS)

Hi,

I'm not worried about the coding, as if I buy the right one for my model, it can be coded to my car. But there a many different ones to choose from.

I just wondered if there is any way of checking anywhere, to make sure i get the correct one? I have researched this online, and cannot find any info anywhere on how to check.