Hands free set

Audio, ICE, Speakers, Head Unit, CD, CD Multi changer. If you have a question about any Citroen C3 related Audio, then this is the place.

Please indicate if there is a Citroen CD multi-changer, drawer or cubby under the CD/Radio, if there is the Navigation unit, CD or Radio options.
Forum rules
Only post questions about AUDIO equipment in this topic please. In car entertainment, ICE, Android Auto, stereo and sat-nav are all welcome here
My Name: Driveway

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 90000
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: Yes

Guys , iam now intent on getting a Bluetooth / hands free set new radio, for car , I've a new iPhone 5 and wold like to use it to play music , how much iam I looking at , and we're is the best place to get it buy/installed. Many thanks
My Name: Missing Lincs

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.1
Fuel Type: Petrol
Trim Level: Desire
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Hi Driveway

No specific recommendations, the list of suitable radios is nearly endless, a few things to think about.

There are two ways to do bluetooth, either as an add-on to a radio, Parrot make suitable units to do this (other brands are available), or you can get radios with bluetooth built in.

Bluetooth has two separate parts, phone and music. If you want to use both, your solution must support both.

With the separate add-on blue tooth units I've found you have to spend quite a lot to get decent music, but the phone side is generally better than the built in bluetooth radios. Also you get a separate microphone for the phone which is much better than the radios that have a built in microphone.

Just to confuse the issue, some radios do support an external microphone, its not common so if the phone function is important, definitely something to think about.

I would avoid radios, typically sold on the internet, that claim to do everything. Stick with mainstream producers, my experience with 'unknown' brands has not been good, there implementation of bluetooth is not generally good and support is non-existent.

There are many radios now which are iphone ready, this may be useful to you.

What is your budget and what do you want the system to do?
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence and pretend you never tried :lol: