Android Auto compatibility

Audio, ICE, Speakers, Head Unit, CD, CD Multi changer. If you have a question about any Citroen C3 related Audio, then this is the place.

Please indicate if there is a Citroen CD multi-changer, drawer or cubby under the CD/Radio, if there is the Navigation unit, CD or Radio options.
My Name: Nikos 64

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 (8v)
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 152
Trim Level: Other
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: LHD (Europe)
Engine name: EB0 PureTech 3-Cylinder (68 PS)

Hello.

My question is about citroen c3 1,4, mod 2004.

If it is deemed incompatible with the group, I ask Dxi to remove the post, and I apologize in advance.

After years of uninterrupted operation, the pioneer radio cassette player stopped working. An inspection by a technician revealed that the cable had been cut, and was no longer available for replacement.

As a result, I thought of replacing it with a touch screen multimedia music player, which I would like to include:

1. FM radio,

2. Receive DAB for future use,

3. Use of bluetooth,

4. usb interface,

5. HD screen resolution, 720p minimum,

6. Operating android.

Optionally I would like:

1. Interface with reversing camera,

2. Navigation.

CD player, as well as video playback I am not interested.

If you have some suggestions from branded companies at a reasonable cost (200 - 400 €), I would like to see them.

One unit I found, which meets almost all my requirements is the following:

https://www.alpine-electronics.gr/p/Pro ... iLX-W650BT
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Nikos 64 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:04 pm Hello.

My question is about citroen c3 1,4, mod 2004.

If it is deemed incompatible with the group, I ask Dxi to remove the post, and I apologize in advance.

After years of uninterrupted operation, the pioneer radio cassette player stopped working. An inspection by a technician revealed that the cable had been cut, and was no longer available for replacement.

As a result, I thought of replacing it with a touch screen multimedia music player, which I would like to include:

1. FM radio,

2. Receive DAB for future use,

3. Use of bluetooth,

4. usb interface,

5. HD screen resolution, 720p minimum,

6. Operating android.

Optionally I would like:

1. Interface with reversing camera,

2. Navigation.

CD player, as well as video playback I am not interested.

If you have some suggestions from branded companies at a reasonable cost (200 - 400 €), I would like to see them.

One unit I found, which meets almost all my requirements is the following:

https://www.alpine-electronics.gr/p/Pro ... iLX-W650BT
Hello

I can confirm that the stereo you linked to will fit your C3 with the correct cable adaptor but I can be absolutely sure that the alpine does not fit your criteria number 6. 'Android operating system' - because the alpine does not run android. It won't connect to the play store, it has no android.

But apart from that, go for it :)
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)
My Name: Nikos 64

Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 (8v)
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 152
Trim Level: Other
LHD or RHD: LHD (Europe)
Engine name: EB0 PureTech 3-Cylinder (68 PS)

Thank you very much for your answer. Can you recommend another reliable multimedia device in this price range?

Also do you know if:
1. The Aplpine drive can see an android mobile device as a storage space?

2. Do you know how many gb ram it has, in which processor?

Thank you..
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Nikos 64 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:00 pm 2. Do you know how many gb ram it has, in which processor?
Hi

That's the confusion with those things, It not a computer with a processor and RAM like an android device.

It isn't an android device and really is just a dumb screen with a radio.

The alpine mirrors the phone, a bit like casting your phone to a television. No one ever asks what processor and RAM does a TV have, because they know it's usually just a display.
Nikos 64 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:00 pm 1. The Aplpine drive can see an android mobile device as a storage space?
I doubt it. But I don't know. The alpine isn't a computer. But ask alpine about that.

Do you need to load apps to a replacement head-unit, like its a tablet or a phone?
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)