Aftermarket radio question

Audio, ICE, Speakers, Head Unit, CD, CD Multi changer. If you have a question about any Citroen C3 related Audio, then this is the place.

Please indicate if there is a Citroen CD multi-changer, drawer or cubby under the CD/Radio, if there is the Navigation unit, CD or Radio options.
Forum rules
Only post questions about AUDIO equipment in this topic please. In car entertainment, ICE, Android Auto, stereo and sat-nav are all welcome here
My Name: cicabimbo

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2005 (05)
Engine Size: 1.4 (8v)
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 80000
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

I have a Citroen C3 year 2005, and i would like to ask if i install an aftermarket radio will i be able to use the volume buttons on the wiper stick or not?
My Name: Missing Lincs

Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.1
Trim Level: Desire
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Hello cicabimbo

If the radio you fit has a remote input and you fit the correct adaptor then yes, you can use the stalk controls.

Also if you have a trip computer (mpg etc) you will need the adaptor to keep these functions when you take the factory radio out.
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence and pretend you never tried :lol:
My Name: cicabimbo

Year: 2005 (05)
Engine Size: 1.4 (8v)
Mileage: 80000
Trim Level: VTR+

Thanks for the fast reply, could you please be more specific about what adapter i should get? and where? i am from Nederlands. :D
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

cicabimbo wrote:Thanks for the fast reply, could you please be more specific about what adapter i should get? and where? i am from Nederlands. :D
have a look at this one from Amazon.co.uk for something suitable. It for a Kenwood, but it gives you an idea what sort of thing to look for that matches the aftermarket stereo you have purchased or are considering.

This link is a bit more focused on the Netherlands ebay stalk adaptors C3.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)