Aftermarket radio installation

Audio, ICE, Speakers, Head Unit, CD, CD Multi changer. If you have a question about any Citroen C3 related Audio, then this is the place.

Please indicate if there is a Citroen CD multi-changer, drawer or cubby under the CD/Radio, if there is the Navigation unit, CD or Radio options.
Forum rules
Only post questions about AUDIO equipment in this topic please. In car entertainment, ICE, Android Auto, stereo and sat-nav are all welcome here
My Name: JO11YAC

Model: C3 Pluriel - with or without roof
Year: 2007 (57)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 61000
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

Hi
I was wondering if anyone could help me as I am trying to install an aftermarket radio to my 57 reg c3 pluriel. My dad and I are quite mechanical but this is the first Citroen we have owned. We have both done some research and have found that apparently there are two pins that need to be swapped so that the new radio will work. Is this true? We have a Sony DSX- A500BD Digital Car Stereo along with the adaptors, Antenna Adaptor PC5-137 and the Harness Adaptor PC2-86-4 Citroën/Fiat05/Peugeot05. Not sure if and what wires have to be swapped round, if anyone knows this would be really helpful. Also if anyone knows where we can get the power so that the radio turns on with the car that would be great. Thanks.
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Mileage: 79984
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

JO11YAC wrote:Hi
I was wondering if anyone could help me as I am trying to install an aftermarket radio to my 57 reg c3 pluriel. My dad and I are quite mechanical but this is the first Citroen we have owned. We have both done some research and have found that apparently there are two pins that need to be swapped so that the new radio will work. Is this true? We have a Sony DSX- A500BD Digital Car Stereo along with the adaptors, Antenna Adaptor PC5-137 and the Harness Adaptor PC2-86-4 Citroën/Fiat05/Peugeot05. Not sure if and what wires have to be swapped round, if anyone knows this would be really helpful. Also if anyone knows where we can get the power so that the radio turns on with the car that would be great. Thanks.
Hi JO11YAC, your pluriel has the same system as a facelift C3. Buying the correct connectors should be ok and no need to swap wires.

How far did you get with the install?

Links and pictures can help tell a story.
My Name: JO11YAC

Model: C3 Pluriel - with or without roof
Year: 2007 (57)
Mileage: 61000

Thanks. Dad and I have now found that the grey thick wire is the correct wire to connect the radio to as it is switched 12v. Tomorrow we are going to connect the wires and attach the dab aerial but have to find out what the blue wire on the aerial adaptor for the radio is for as it keeps interfering with the sound. Sorry no pics forgot to take any thanks for the help
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Mileage: 79984
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

JO11YAC wrote:Thanks. Dad and I have now found that the grey thick wire is the correct wire to connect the radio to as it is switched 12v. Tomorrow we are going to connect the wires and attach the dab aerial but have to find out what the blue wire on the aerial adaptor for the radio is for as it keeps interfering with the sound. Sorry no pics forgot to take any thanks for the help
Its all a bit vague, but could the blue wire be a 12v feed from the radio to power external devices like an aerial amplifier or an amplifier.

If you don't get things right there is a very good chance you can damage the BSI and have a non working C3. Please be careful and double check you are doing the right thing before doing it.