54 plate - Fitting stereo - Updated

Audio, ICE, Speakers, Head Unit, CD, CD Multi changer. If you have a question about any Citroen C3 related Audio, then this is the place.

Please indicate if there is a Citroen CD multi-changer, drawer or cubby under the CD/Radio, if there is the Navigation unit, CD or Radio options.
Forum rules
Only post questions about AUDIO equipment in this topic please. In car entertainment, ICE, Android Auto, stereo and sat-nav are all welcome here
My Name: zendog

My daughter has a 54 plate C3 1.4 desire, she got a Pioneer stereo for Xmas which I am trying to fit, having already read some posts on this forum on the subject I purchased this adaptor lead "Autoleads PC2-32-4 Car Audio Harness Adaptor Lead - ISO IGNITION HARNESS" and hoped it would be just "plug in and go" all the fitting seemed fairly straightforward, everything fitted fine but we don't seem to be getting any power. On the adaptor lead there is a long red wire with with a loose end, I have left this unconnected and wonder if I should be doing something with this.

Any help appreciated, I am no expert so please keep it simple.

Thanks

ZD
My Name: Missing Lincs

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.1
Fuel Type: Petrol
Trim Level: Desire
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Hi ZD

Your spare lead might be the clue, do you have any fitting instructions for the adaptor.

Does the car have audio controls on the stalk or a trip computer. If it has these then replacing the factory fit audio will stop them working. You can get round this with an interface like the connects2 CTSCT002 (I think this is the correct number but please check). You will also need the correct wire to fit the aftermarket stereo so the remote controls work with it. These interfaces also sort out the power and speaker wiring.
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence and pretend you never tried :lol:

Thanks for the response, I was aware that if I still wanted the stalk controls to work I would need another lead but understood that this standard connector I bought would get the stereo working but the stalk controls would not work which I am happy with.
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+

Pin 4 and pin 7 need to be switch over to get the stereo to work and allow the central locking to function after 24 hours.

Pin 4 and Pin 7 are probably the yellow and the red wires with the bullet connectors on the Autoleads PC2-32-4 Car Audio Harness Adaptor Lead - ISO IGNITION HARNESS, but it would be worth checking. The bullet connectors or flying leads allow you to alter the wiring easily.

There is a picture of the ISO connector
https://citroenc3owners.com/audio-citroe ... o-t44.html
If you wanted to chek pin 4 and pin 7 are the 2 wires that are easily modified.

Thanks again for your input, have made some progress but have a question. Went out this morning and tried to swap lead 4 & 7 as suggested but they wouldn't budge and I was worried about breaking the thing, anyway I noticed that the red lead in 4 was the one that went nowhere but had a joining clip a short way along it, looking at where the yellow lead went I noticed that there was a second yellow lead coming from the same connection that ran a short way but ended in a join connection but was not connected (I guess it is for an amp or something) anyway I decided that if I connected this to the joint in the red I was doing more or less the same thing but without disturbing the plug joints. The radio works now :) but not certain if it turns off properly. Question is should I have cut the original yellow lead going in to 7 to disconnect this as it would have been disconnected if I had swapped them over. I am worried I may end up with the central locking problem.

Cheers for all the help.

ZD
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+

Hi zendog,

On the Autoleads PC2-32-4 I can see here, the yellow wire has the memory wire already swapped over (pin 4 to pin 7) at the the factory. That leaves one other 4 to 7 swap to do, but one of the pin 7 locations is not populated so this is not possible.

The long red flying lead is supposed to connect to a 12v that is switched by the ignition (to power the after market radio). This is useful if a more powerful radio is fitted that needs a bigger power supply than originally supplied by the citroen wiring.

When connecting the red flying 12v ignition lead to the yellow memory supply wire there may not be enough current to drive the stereo. You will ALSO need to switch the radio off before you exit the car as it is no longer under computer control. 'Eco Mode' won't be able to switch off the radio either.

Ideally you should connect the red flying lead to the wire that goes to pin 4 on the citroen wiring plug.

The lead you have is designed to pick up +12 (ignition) from a separate circuit, like the cigarette lighter or direct from the battery (via a fuse).