2008 amp power supply from BSM

Audio, ICE, Speakers, Head Unit, CD, CD Multi changer. If you have a question about any Citroen C3 related Audio, then this is the place.

Please indicate if there is a Citroen CD multi-changer, drawer or cubby under the CD/Radio, if there is the Navigation unit, CD or Radio options.
Forum rules
Only post questions about AUDIO equipment in this topic please. In car entertainment, ICE, Android Auto, stereo and sat-nav are all welcome here
My Name: samuelodog

Hi, I followed this when installing a subwoofer on my 2005 c3. I used a female bullet to jam the power cable onto on of the prongs at that fuse box power point. Now I'm trying to move my setup to a 2008 c3. Everything is different. The power point in the fuse box now has a thick wire attached to each prong. See pics.
20210315_130630.jpg
Am I OK to fix the sub power wire under the bolt there?
Thanks
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Yes but disconnected the battery before removing that, as you would for any work on the 12v system to avoid damaging the computers.

Ensure you also fuse that feed from the 12v maxifuse supply to your amp.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)

Arfur Dent wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:19 pm Yes but disconnected the battery before removing that, as you would for any work on the 12v system to avoid damaging the computers.

Ensure you also fuse that feed from the 12v maxifuse supply to your amp.
Thanks for that - Do you mean I can remove that clip which is currently on the right side of the power point I circled on the pic? What do you mean by 'fuse that feed from the 12v maxifuse supply to your amp.'. With my old car, there was no thick black wire on that part, I just wedged my (fused) power line to the amp straight onto it. The red power line has a fuse built into it is that what you mean't above? thanks so much
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

samuelodog wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:23 pm Do you mean I can remove that clip which is currently on the right side of the power point I circled on the pic?
I don't mean you can disconnect it permanently.

If you disconnect the battery, you can remove that nut and add a new wire to the two that are already there.

Use a crimp ring terminal, you may have one on the amp wire already.

Crimp ring terminal for amp power supply
Crimp ring terminal for amp power supply

Then put the nut back on and then you have a good 12v connection for the amp.

samuelodog wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:23 pm What do you mean by 'fuse that feed from the 12v maxifuse supply to your amp.'
The bolt and nut (in your picture) is the maxi-fuse 12v supply, so if you connect another wire to it (as I described above) then you must add a fuse to the wire you connected to it.
samuelodog wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:23 pm With my old car, there was no thick black wire on that part, I just wedged my (fused) power line to the amp straight onto it
Well, it was your old car, but it doesn't sound very good. The amp leads you get supplied usually cone with those ring crimps already attached to make a good electrical connection. I would advise against just wedging wires in, particularly high current cables for amps.
samuelodog wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:23 pm The red power line has a fuse built into it is that what you mean't above?
yes,

put the fuse near the nut/bolt/ring crimp end , (circled bit) in your picture and not at the end that is nearest the amp.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)

I did all this, wired up to that nut, with fuse, all wired up to amp and stereo like my old car. I turned the key. Nothing. No amp, and no stereo? What could have gone wrong? The stereo worked before I did this wire?

Tried it again. Stereo started working, then min later so did sub??