throttle position sensor issues P1153, P0122 and P1157.

Questions specifically about a Petrol powered Citroen C3 (usually engine or fuel related problems).
Forum rules
One question per topic.
Petrol engine related faults, like injectors, error codes, overheating.
You can post more topics if necessary, but only one question per topic.
My Name: vinnie21

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.4 (8v)
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 80000
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No

Hi All,

I have recently had issues with my c3 juddering when pulling away in 1st and 2nd gears. It only seems to occur when the car has warmed up.

I've had the fault codes read by a mechanic, and also checked these on a cheapy scanner. The fault codes that were stored are p1153, p0122 and p1157.

Following the mechanics advice he replaced the accelerator pedal and sensor. Problem still remained so I changed the throttle body. Again tested and fault remains. My next action came from this forum and so deleted the connector beneath the glove box (a well known issue). The fault is still there. Do I have celebrate the new throttle body and position sensor or would clearing the codes automatically do this?

I guess the only other place I can check would be the ecu side. Any thoughts, would really appreciate some help now, feels like I'm hitting my head against a brick wall.

Thanks
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

vinnie21 wrote:I've had the fault codes read by a mechanic, and also checked these on a cheapy scanner. The fault codes that were stored are p1153, p0122 and p1157.
After the work, delete the codes, drive it, see how it feels and then read the codes again.

You may have only some of the codes or different ones now.

P1157 - fuelling sensor or fuelling problem calibration error.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)