Losing power when A/C on

Questions specifically about a Petrol powered Citroen C3 (usually engine or fuel related problems).
Forum rules
One question per topic.
Petrol engine related faults, like injectors, error codes, overheating.
You can post more topics if necessary, but only one question per topic.
My Name: katjushaa81

Model: C3 2017-on. The new C3
Year: 2020 (70)
Engine Size: 1.2
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 50
Trim Level: Other
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: LHD (Europe)
Engine name: EB2F PureTech 3-Cylinder (82 PS)

Hello,
I have just bought a brand new C3 1.2 83ps and while I was driving home from the dealer, I noticed that every few minutes the engine lost its power for a split second... like the engine was twitching...I turned off the A/C and everything was fine.
I understand that the a/c device takes a bit of power off the engine, but it shouldn't be so obvious, should it? I mean, my previous car was Renault Clio 1.2 and I never noticed the a/c causing the loss of power during driving!
Anyone with the same problem?
Thanks,

Katja
My Name: routemaster1

C3 Master
Model: C3 2017-on. The new C3
Year: 2019 (19)
Engine Size: 1.2
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 300
Trim Level: Flair
Gearbox: Manual 6 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: EB2DT-EB2ADT PureTech 3-Cylinder (110 PS)

katjushaa81 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:36 pm Hello,
I have just bought a brand new C3 1.2 83ps and while I was driving home from the dealer, I noticed that every few minutes the engine lost its power for a split second... like the engine was twitching...I turned off the A/C and everything was fine.
I understand that the a/c device takes a bit of power off the engine, but it shouldn't be so obvious, should it? I mean, my previous car was Renault Clio 1.2 and I never noticed the a/c causing the loss of power during driving!
Anyone with the same problem?
Thanks,

Katja
Aircon takes quite a lot of power, particularly driving in town traffic.. When it was very hot, our C3 1.2 petrol's fuel consumption dropped from low/mid 50s to high 40s. The lower you have it set, the more power it will consume.