jolt then the engine light came on and beeping

Questions specifically about a Petrol powered Citroen C3 (usually engine or fuel related problems).
Forum rules
One question per topic.
Petrol engine related faults, like injectors, error codes, overheating.
You can post more topics if necessary, but only one question per topic.
My Name: Lky50

Contributor
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 14100
Trim Level: SX
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

While out this morning as I pulled of from traffic light reading handbrake I got a small jolt then the engine light came on ( Little Yellow engine shaped logo) and beeping occasionally to let me know it's on.

The car is driving perfectly and starting and all seems fine even though the light and the beep stays on.

Is this something series or can anyone direct me as to what this may be.

The light Was on before about 18 months ago but seemed to go off by it'self without any intervention one day after I put petrol in the veichle etc .

Your inputs would be gratefully received and I Thanki you in anticipation of same.

Regards J
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Lky50 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:01 pm While out this morning as I pulled of from traffic light reading handbrake I got a small jolt then the engine light came on ( Little Yellow engine shaped logo) and beeping occasionally to let me know it's on. The car is driving perfectly and starting and all seems fine even though the light and the beep stays on. Is this something series or can anyone direct me as to what this may be. The light Was on before about 18 months ago but seemed to go off by it'self without any intervention one day after I put petrol in the veichle etc .Your inputs would be gratefully received and I Thanki you in anticipation of same. Regards J
Hi Lky50

The engine management light (MIL) is indication that a fault for the engine has been stored. The light may say on if the fault is continuous or intermittent enough to not allow the light to go out after an predetermined number of starts without the fault present.

To see what the error is (there are 100s of possibilities) use a cheap OBD2 scanner (from Amazon - click here) connected to the OBD port in the glove box area and read the code.

You can then post the codes and any descriptions here and see what comes back .
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)