fuel filter location

Questions specifically about a Petrol powered Citroen C3 (usually engine or fuel related problems).
Forum rules
One question per topic.
Petrol engine related faults, like injectors, error codes, overheating.
You can post more topics if necessary, but only one question per topic.
My Name: rivvitt

Contributor
Model: C3 2013-2017 Facelift A51
Year: 2014 (14)
Engine Size: NA
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 33300
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: EB0 PureTech 3-Cylinder (68 PS)

2014, c3, 1.0 vtr vti 68...bought an inline fuel filter from Eurocarparts, and i'm buggered if i can find the location of it on the car, i can see the evap and the submerged petrol pump in the tank, but can't see a filter....HELP..thanks...Danny
My Name: Citroen-Driver

C3 Master
Model: C3 Pluriel - with or without roof
Year: 2003 (53)
Engine Size: 1.6 (16v)
Mileage: 90000
Engine name: ET3 16-valve (90 PS)

rivvitt wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:14 pm 2014, c3, 1.0 vtr vti 68...bought an inline fuel filter from Eurocarparts, and i'm buggered if i can find the location of it on the car, i can see the evap and the submerged petrol pump in the tank, but can't see a filter....HELP..thanks...Danny

Hi rivvitt

I have the Puretech 68 (EB0) fuel filter diagram, but it doesn't actually say 'where it is located' :o :roll:

Citroen C3 EB0 Puretech 68 fuel filter diagram
Citroen C3 EB0 Puretech 68 fuel filter diagram
My Name: Ozvtr

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (53)
Engine Size: 1.4 (8v)
Mileage: 80000
Trim Level: Other
Gearbox: Automatic PRND
LHD or RHD: RHD
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Here in Oz it seems most of the cars have fuel filters. I guess they think the fuel is dirtier here? "Outback" there is a very fine powdery red dust that gets into everything in machinery. A C3 would NOT survive the outback, LOL. Water is more of a problem than dirt in suburbia but I digress.
From what I can see very few, if any, of the cars in the UK have fuel filters (an external, replaceable, fuel filter). IF your car has a fuel filter it is located on the back of the carbon pot (purge canister) located in the wheel arch, just in front of the drivers side rear wheel (for RHD). Also if you DO have a fuel filter, the fuel pump has TWO spigots on the top. The diagram shows a fuel pump with one spigot. All of the cars with an electric fuel pump have a fine filter "sock" on the inlet. Most manufacturers believe it is so unlikely that you will get enough impurities in the fuel during the life of the car that this sock is not typically serviceable. You would need to remove the pump assembly from the fuel tank, disassemble it and service the screen.
In short, unless you have cause to investigate (it happens), it is unlikely you will ever need to service or replace your fuel filter, despite the manufactures placing a service interval on it!
My Name: rivvitt

Contributor
Model: C3 2013-2017 Facelift A51
Year: 2014 (14)
Engine Size: NA
Mileage: 33300
Engine name: EB0 PureTech 3-Cylinder (68 PS)

in answer to my own question, ozvtr is right, there is no fuel filter on my car, Eurocarparts and Ebay are selling them under false pretences.