Eco mode and flashing battery light, won't start

Questions specifically about a Petrol powered Citroen C3 (usually engine or fuel related problems).
Forum rules
One question per topic.
Petrol engine related faults, like injectors, error codes, overheating.
You can post more topics if necessary, but only one question per topic.
My Name: Phatboy69

Contributor
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (53)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 75000
Trim Level: LX
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

Is there a fuse or a relay for the charging system?
My Name: Ozvtr

Engine Size: 1.4 (8v)
Mileage: 80000
Trim Level: Other
Gearbox: Automatic PRND
LHD or RHD: RHD
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

No.
The B+ terminal of the alternator is connected to the starter motor and from the starter to the +ve terminal of the battery.
The white wire goes directly to the engine management unit. Unfortunately I do not know if this white wire is a control wire or not. I doubt it. Some alternators are regulated by the engine management unit and not their own internal regulator. I believe the white wire is just a go/no go indicator and the engine management unit relays it up to the battery light on the dash.
Looking at my circuit diagrams the white wire should be connected to pin 2 of the alternator connector. You mentioned about it being "on the other side" for the Pug. Pin 1 appears to to be connected to the field terminal, this shows the actual voltage the alternator is putting out and is independent of the battery voltage. So the C3 uses pin2 and its just a good or bad indication, the Pug uses pin 1 and can read the actual voltage of the alternator.
There are typically two things that fail in an alternator. The regulator or the carbon brushes. The regulator is a semiconductor device and can fail at any time. The carbon brushes just ware out.
If you go to 7:49 on this video you can see it's not too hard to replace the regulator and brushes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXX8s9M3ehA

Contributor

Hopefully last post . Returned incorrect alt to the supplier . Bought one of same make , different model number £90 dearer . They offered no discount or compensation for all the wasted labour and garage time caused . Stated that both alts are exactly the same just different prices . Morons . Fitted new unit . Tested . All perfect . Moral of the story is dont buy second hand and make sure new part is an oem match . Thanks for all the advice . Appreciated .

Unfortunately it's not that easy.
I don't know if it's the same with other European car manufacturers but PSA seem to put out a specification for...say...an alternator and get the parts manufacturers to bid for the contract. Then these contracts seem to change on a weekly basis. This means...for example...the shape and manufactures of alternators can be very different but still fit in your car BUT it also means an alternator could look exactly the same and not be compatible because it's for another car!!!!! Just because it came out of...for example...a 2003 1.4I petrol Citroen C3 doesn't mean that car doesn't have a different mounting bracket for said alternator and is not compatible with your bracket. So you are reliant on the monkey behind the counter to say if it's compatible or not and he has no #@$king idea. No offence to people in the trade who ACTUALY know what they are doing.

Contributor

They said both were exactly the same , not me . Mounting brackets are all the same no matter which alt is used . Not quite sure of the point your making but I just cant get my head around how 3 people in the same shop can supply 3 different models , same make of part with the same information provided to them .

LOL! Not having a go at you mate. I meant "the guys behind the counter" not knowing what they are doing. Not you. :D No offence to the guys behind the counter who do know what they are doing.
What you said is exactly my point. Manufacturers change stuff so often no one except them knows what's going on and you have to be on your game to keep up. Again, the guys in the industry, not you. But then again some people are just incompetent (not you LOL)
The alternator thing was just an example. I didn't mean that was the case for you. I have a C2 who's accessory drive belt auto tensioner is different to the repair manual because they did change the alternator bracket. Again, just an example, I'm not saying that's the case for you.
Seriously mate, just trying to help out and if I have caused offence it is purely unintentional.