I posted a question a while ago about my '03 C3 1.4 8v whose cylinder head gasket is on the way out - thanks again for input on that.
Since posting, I came across an '05 C2 VTS which had been written off by a bash from what looks like a bit of scaffolding or something hitting the C pillar. All fine mechanically though, and going for pretty much the same money as a used, replacement 1.4 8v engine. So, I snapped it up with the view of transferring engine, box, driveline, brakes and suspension etc into the C3. I've got the C2 pretty much stripped out now. In terms of engine and electronics, I have the complete engine and box / drivetrain removed, along with:
- ECU & other 'brains': BSI, BMS, ABS, Airbags
- Instruments cluster
- Petrol Cap
- Driver's door lock
- Steering colum with ignition switch
The C3 doesn't have the original radio in it, so not worried about that.
I'm hoping that if I transfer everything into the C3 in a oner, it should all 'just work' without having to go and buy Lexia and get involved with that stuff. Could anyone let me know if it should just work or if I will have get Lexia hooked up to it too? Incidentally, the plan is to use the original C2 VTS exhaust, only with a lengthing piece added somewhere around the middle.
From folk who have done this before, is there anything I'm missing?
Also, could anyone help out with the following please:
- Is it a pokier fuel pump in the C2 VTS than will be in the 1.4 8V C3? If so, I'll transfer that too.
- Are the Brake servo and master cylinder the same across both cars?
- Is there any interchangability between clutch covers / plates / release bearings between the two?