The short answer is...yes!!! Connector corrosion is a BIG problem!ECC3 wrote: ↑Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:31 am
I had a thought on the bizzarre warning-lights behaviour. Outside lacking current and the fact that the ECU may malfunction under those circumstances, I'd noticed when doing the swap that pins on the ECU multi-plug closest to the bulkhead were a bit corroded. This is the main control unit that sits in to the left of the battery and faces north-south. I'd had a bash at cleaning them up but may revisit that effort. I wonder if that could be a factor in things though – not just with mine but in general across these various reports of people seeing the same kind of behaviour? I'm not sure how best to clean these fine pins - one of those nail file emery boards maybe, albeit with a very fine grit rating?
Problems with electronics aren't as much of a problem over here (AUS) because they don't salt the roads and it might not rain as much. Don't know how much it rains over there. LOL.
You can try a silicone based dielectric grease and squirt it into the connectors. It's non conductive and prevents corrosion. It's also good for stopping spark plug boots from sticking to the ceramic insulator of the spark plug. Light bulbs can also corrode up and it's good for preventing that too.
Do you have the battery box covers fitted? Water can seep between the washer nozzle and the bonnet. It then drips on the injectors on one side and the engine ECU on the other. Put the battery covers back on and/or put some RTV under the washer nozzles to seal them up. Use a hair dryer to soften the tubes attached the nozzle then just push the nozzle up by the spigot. It takes a bit but they pop off.