2014.1.0 vtr Should I change the coolant?

Questions specifically about a Petrol powered Citroen C3 (usually engine or fuel related problems).
Forum rules
One question per topic.
Petrol engine related faults, like injectors, error codes, overheating.
You can post more topics if necessary, but only one question per topic.
My Name: shoestring

Experienced Member
Model: C3 2013-2017 Facelift A51
Year: 2014 (14)
Engine Size: 1.1
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 26000
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: EB0 PureTech 3-Cylinder (68 PS)

Hi,
I am thinking that the coolant should be changed in my 2014 C3 1.0 vtr. Puretech engine. It is the original coolant now 6years old and is a sort of pinkish in colour.
So..
Should I change the coolant?.. and if so which type/make coolant should I use please? Having searched on Google I am now totally confused which type I need or if indeed the opinion is that I should change the coolant at all or just not bother?

Thanks.
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

shoestring wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:07 pm Hi,
I am thinking that the coolant should be changed in my 2014 C3 1.0 vtr. Puretech engine. It is the original coolant now 6years old and is a sort of pinkish in colour.
So..
Should I change the coolant?.. and if so which type/make coolant should I use please? Having searched on Google I am now totally confused which type I need or if indeed the opinion is that I should change the coolant at all or just not bother?

Thanks.
Hi

Primarily the coolant gives protection from freezing. You can test how well the coolant can protect from freezing with a tool based on a hydrometer (here), cheap to buy and reusable.

You could test yours and if it is OK, then no need to change it.

Save the change for when the cooling system needs an overhaul with waterpump or radiator hoses.

The coolant for the C3, pink is the OAT coolant.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)