Timing belt replacement - how long?

Questions specifically about a Diesel powered C3 (usually engine or fuel related problems)
Please provide as much description including adding photos directly to the topic or videos you have uploaded via youtube as possible.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Gearbox questions
Diesel engine related problems
Think: Diesel engine, diesel fuel system, diesel injectors and glow plugs
My Name: StuBeeDoo

Top Contributor
Model: C3 Picasso
Year: 2012 (62)
Engine Size: 1.6
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 82000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: Yes
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV6 16-valve diesel (92 PS)

Our 62-plate Picasso 1.6hdi 8v is due to have the timing belt changed. It's not something I want to get involved in myself, but I have a (reasonably) trusted local garage. He usually charges me on a "time taken" basis, rather than book time. Sometimes I win, some times he does. I don't really have a problem with that..........

So, how long should it take to replace the timing belt and water pump (and maybe the aux. belt, to be on the safe side)?
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
DPF: No
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

tips-for-a-diesel-powered-citroen-c3-f6 ... t4424.html

Hi

I don't have the book time, mine too as long as it too. But while I had the car apart, that was the time to do any extra checking and changing on that part of the engine

For me, the small additional cost of dome parts would help ensure that I wouldn't have to do it twice.

New crank sensor, replaced the TVD crank pulley, the cam belt, it's idler and it's tensioner. The water pump and the coolant. Aux belt and I think the engine mounts were done at the same time. If not, I should have as they needed changing too.

Belt change is 150k. Mine was was more like 120k and the belt looked in very good condition but the years were mounting up.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)
My Name: Stewart H

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2004 (54)
Engine Size: 1.4
Mileage: 108000
Trim Level: LX
DPF: No
Engine name: DV4 diesel (70 PS)

The regular cambelt replacement was 100k on older 1600 HDIs ISTR, the usual kit comes with a waterpump, tensioner and idler pulley, the items you mention, crankshaft pulley, aux belt and engine top mount are removed during the cambelt change anyway so reassembling it with the new bits effectively does not add to your labour, I will not comment on prices because I am old and do all of my own repairs so have no idea of what people charge, I did the belt on a friends picasso petrol a couple of years back and he was happy to give me £120 but this is mates price, the C3 is cramped so everything is awkward, out of interest does anyone know how much the dealers want for this job ?