starting problems 1.4 HDI 8v

Questions specifically about a Diesel powered C3 (usually engine or fuel related problems)
Please provide as much description including adding photos directly to the topic or videos you have uploaded via youtube as possible.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Gearbox questions
Diesel engine related problems
Think: Diesel engine, diesel fuel system, diesel injectors and glow plugs
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Does anyone have some instructions on how to remove the airbox?
I don't, but normally its just a case of releasing the plastic pipes that run to it and and releasing a clip or two that hold the air box in place. Its something that is designed to be removed easily for maintenance so I don't foresee any problems in removing it.

The car is booked in Monday morning so i will udapte what the problem is.
Any update? It will be interesting to find out what the problem was :)
My Name: omarsmith

Contributor
Year: 2002 (02)
Mileage: 134000
Trim Level: Touch

The airbox takes up a surprising amount of space in the engine compartment and so it's slightly awkward to take off, but it's relatively simple.
High air flow air filter with stainless steel air duct & silicone connecting hoses
High air flow air filter with stainless steel air duct & silicone connecting hoses
  • The inlet hose towards the front of the car that feeds cold air to the airbox needs to be released by turning it left about the airbox and then pulling it away (the same action as to release a Bayonet lightbulb).
  • The box must then be unclipped from the fastening clip to the left of it - I broke away this clip as it was later replaceable by a tie-clip, but I'm sure the clip was designed to be reusable, somehow!
  • Remove the oil breather line from the air box by pushing the yellow tab in firmly and pulling it to detach it from the box.
  • Using a flat-head screwdriver or socket drive to loosen the jubilee clip on the airbox, this will enable you to detach it from the engine air intake
  • Remove the plastic covers over the battery; this will give you a little more room to manouvre the airbox out of the engine bay. It's a tight fit and you will probably have to use a combination of twisting the box out to the left and pulling it toward you to get it out - but it does come free.
I've probably missed one step or another here, so let me know what problem you run into and I'll add accordingly!

I removed the standard airbox on my C3 recently in order to install a performance air filter, see pics below :)
My Name: brysoni23

Contributor
Year: 2004 (54)
Engine Size: 1.4 (8v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 34500
Trim Level: Rhythm

Right guys, i've not been around as the fault was previously fixed. i had a new fuel line fitted problem was great until 3 days later and the car cut out completely. whilst doing 25mph.

back to the garage i went and they had to fit a new fuel sensor think it was on the rail???
new fuel filter and a new wiring loom, the car was under warranty and i made them repair everything that the RAC detected on the computer. 6 weeks since this work was done typically when my extra month warranty ran out.

I know have a chuffing noise. I believe that it is a faulty injector washer so i will attempt to clean and replace each washer.

Could someone advise me what make my injectors will be ? so i can buy the right washers from ebay?

cheers
ryan
My Name: brysoni23

Contributor
Year: 2004 (54)
Engine Size: 1.4 (8v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 34500
Trim Level: Rhythm

update on the chuffing, the noise is only present on a morning for the first start up.
It only makes the noise for about 10 mins then it stops doing it, its asif there is a leak but once it warms up the copper expands (if possible) then its fine.
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Year: 2003 (03)
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

I know have a chuffing noise. I believe that it is a faulty injector washer so i will attempt to clean and replace each washer.
Chuffing sound from the injectors: https://citroenc3owners.com/diesel-c3-ti ... l-t12.html
Just do the one that is faulty, it should be obvious by the deposits around the injector.

Could someone advise me what make my injectors will be ? so i can buy the right washers from ebay?
Yours could be Bosch or Siemens but NOT the Delphi.