Spent a fortune but it still does not run correctly

Questions specifically about a Diesel powered C3 (usually engine or fuel related problems)
Please provide as much description including adding photos directly to the topic or videos you have uploaded via youtube as possible.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Gearbox questions
Diesel engine related problems
Think: Diesel engine, diesel fuel system, diesel injectors and glow plugs
My Name: cisbob

My 16 Valve 04 C3 suddenly got the engine symbol on and then after stopping would not start. i have now had injectors replaced, new flow sensor and lots more done to the tune of 500 pounds of bits. it now starts and you can rev up with no apparent errors. When the computer faults are reset none show up on tick over or revving the engine. When you drive it and keep acceleration very gentle it is ok too. if you then try to accelerate with any power the engine symbol comes back on and you cant get any power at all (i presume this is due the the alarm light coming on and the engine goes into some limp home mode). my local garage, who are very good normally, have given up and are embarrassed at the cost of parts so charged no labour.

big question is what is wrong or where do i go next? i did ask about the valve thing that does something with the exhaust (i had that problem a year ago) and he said he had cleaned it and it looked fine.

help/

Additional note: I was just reading some Forum items on similar subject. i have had my injectors coded to the computer. And i now know the 'valve thing' is the exhaust re-circulator valve. leaning quick1
My Name: Missing Lincs

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.1
Fuel Type: Petrol
Trim Level: Desire
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Do you know what fault codes came up when the engine light comes on?

It sounds like you've had plenty of parts changed but has anyone tried basic stuff like the fuel filter?
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence and pretend you never tried :lol:
My Name: cisbob

i did look at the fault codes and the there wee a number of them. they all seemed to point to the fuel sensor/pressure parts with a couple coming up as the solenoid area. everything they indicated got changed. not sure if he changed the fuel filter. hope so!

must admit it was me that found there was a problem with the injectors as the man mentioned the manifold did not seem to be getting very hot... i do electonics, so not good on cars, but can do symptoms. too cold means not enough heat... hence injectors. i do have this gut feeling it is something simple and overlooked because people rely on computer print outs too much
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

cisbob wrote:everything they indicated got changed
This would explain the high parts cost. Not understanding the error codes meanings cause people to change perfectly good, working parts for other good, perfectly working parts and the fault is not fixed.
cisbob wrote:the man mentioned the manifold did not seem to be getting very hot
I wouldn't fit new injectors at a couple of hundred pounds a piece just because the manifold was not getting very hot in someone's opinion.
cisbob wrote: not sure if he changed the fuel filter
Fuel filter changing and draining is a service item that should be drained or changed at the required service intervals. Following the service schedule can help reduce problems caused by service items.

Missing Lincs wrote:Do you know what fault codes came up when the engine light comes on?
This information would be helpful, as it could point you in the direction to look, like, fuel or air or timing.