P0203 Intermittent, P0238 Permanent Fault, P1163 Intermittent Fault

Questions specifically about a Diesel powered C3 (usually engine or fuel related problems)
Please provide as much description including adding photos directly to the topic or videos you have uploaded via youtube as possible.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Gearbox questions
Diesel engine related problems
Think: Diesel engine, diesel fuel system, diesel injectors and glow plugs
My Name: c3man

I have 3 P Codes showing after using Lexia 6.19.

1.4 hdi 16 valve, Year of car 2002-2003.

Codes being:

P0203 Intermittent fault,Cylinder3 Injector circuit Injection time correction outside limits.

P0238 Permanent Fault,Turbocharger Airflow at Turbo too low.

P1163 Intermittent Fault,No resetting by accelerometer-No Periodic Injector Resetting.

Anyone out there had any remedies for the above faults, any help greatly appreciated.
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Hi c3man, welcome to the forum,

A few questions, but no answers yet...

What led you to connect up lexia? Was the car running poorly? if so, how does it drive?

Did you clear the codes, drive the car and see if they come back? (They may be old codes that are no longer relevant)

Have you had any of the injectors out?

Has the air filter been checked/changed recently.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)

Thanks for the reply Arfur Dent! Been having problems for a while, so started to look on the various sites,came across Lexia on the Peugeot forum. Bought it from Easy Diagnostics.I cleared the historic fault codes,then took the car for a run,then took a reading as per the results in my first post.The car has been somewhat difficult to start for at least a year, changed battery(Bosch HDuty fitted beginning of last year) White smoke,but would clear up once on the move,but noticed that a mile or so down the road when going down hill on overrun it would start spewing out white smoke again,then clear up once back on throttle.I have always changed oil and filters on regular basis using the recommended oils and filters.Cars done approx;70K.Changed air filter today,and yes to injectors being removed ALL 4 removed and serviced by Delphi service agent, no faults found,working as they should the mileage on the injectors at the time was about 43K.I have changed the heater plugs and control box about 2 years ago.I hope some of this will make things more clear, Thanks for taking the time to reply.:-) :-) :-)
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Year: 2002 (52)
Mileage: 100000

injectors being removed ALL 4 removed and serviced
All 4 injectors out and the same 4 injectors back in again, but, did they go back to their original cylinders?

The reason I say this is for the "P0203 Intermittent fault,Cylinder3 Injector circuit Injection time correction outside limits" as it sounds like the coding of the injector could be wrong. Its not too bad as you have a lexia which can be used to recode the injectors. The codes are printed on the injector housing and the code needs to be input into the engine ECU to get the ECU to provide the correct injection timing correction. This has the effect of a smoother and more efficient engine and may even reduce smoke.

The lexia screen looks like this:
Citreon c3 lexia delphi injection coding
Citreon c3 lexia delphi injection coding
Its a start, one to check and cross off the list.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)

Yes you could be correct as I did not remove or refit them myself.I shall check tomorrow weather permitting, no garage as such just roadside workshop,shall give it a try asap.Thank You.:-) :-) :-)Ha! Would that be cylinder firing order? Taking no1 cylinder from transmission side of block(Flywheel).Firing Order 1-3-4-2.
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Year: 2002 (02)
Mileage: 140000

c3man wrote:Would that be cylinder firing order? Taking no1 cylinder from transmission side of block(Flywheel).Firing Order 1-3-4-2.

The order of the injectors is from number 1 at the gearbox 1-2-3-4. Its not the firing order, but rather the location of each injector in the engine.

OK,thanks for clearing that one up,still haven't had a chance to sort due to the weather,looks as if it's going to be a while,it's snowing!