Outside Temperature sensor Help.

Questions specifically about a Diesel powered C3 (usually engine or fuel related problems)
Please provide as much description including adding photos directly to the topic or videos you have uploaded via youtube as possible.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Gearbox questions
Diesel engine related problems
Think: Diesel engine, diesel fuel system, diesel injectors and glow plugs
My Name: sel_biz77

Dear All,
My name is Sal and i am a new to the forum. I recently bought a 2004 1.4 auto c3. (left hand drive). My problem is when i bought the car the outside temperature was not working so reading on the forum, have found out that the temperature sensor is on the right hand mirror of the car. Having opened and check the sensor, i saw the wires have been cut. (the car had accident damage from right hand door and i assume while fixing it they have cut the wires!!) what i would like to now is that where does these two wires from the sensor is connected to so i can repair it myself. There are two sockets (black and brown) in the door pannel but no room for these wires. Is there any schematics for this? Thank you.
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Welcome to the forum Sal,
Sal wrote:Is there any schematics for this?
There are pictures and some wiring info in this post:
https://citroenc3owners.com/citroen-c3-q ... 3-t81.html
Sal wrote: what i would like to now is that where does these two wires from the sensor is connected to so i can repair it myself.
C3CAR - Aircon problems: External temperature sensor on 52-reg C3 wrote:The temperature sensor in the Right hand door mirror (UK drivers door) is a two wire unit that runs to the BSI (a Green and a Violet wire) according to the wiring diagram.

If you are new to the C3, I recommend the Haynes manual for the Citroen C3 (here) it covers your year ans has wiring diagrams in it too. The green one covers your year and the blue one covers your year and later models too.

Let us know how you get on :)
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)
My Name: sel_biz77

Thank you very much for the quick reply. Will try the green and violet wires on the brown connector. Will also invest in the Haynes manuel. :) Have a nice day.