moddifing c3

Questions specifically about a Diesel powered C3 (usually engine or fuel related problems)
Please provide as much description including adding photos directly to the topic or videos you have uploaded via youtube as possible.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Gearbox questions
Diesel engine related problems
Think: Diesel engine, diesel fuel system, diesel injectors and glow plugs
My Name: kw3n_norman

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 120000
Trim Level: VT
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

hi guys

so ive bought a citroen c3 in the hopes to modify it abit

so im wanting to know the best power / performance mods but i want to leave exterier standard

can you fit a decat exhaust ?
im thinking k&n filter , is there a better one ?
uprated cams ?
lower suspention

ideas ?

has anybody done any of this , also i want the engine hoses and pipes to be metal is this a good idea and where would you get these parts ?

thanks

yeah spelling is bad im sorry :D
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Hi kw3n_norman, welcome to the forum!
kw3n_norman wrote:can you fit a decat exhaust ?
im thinking k&n filter , is there a better one ?
uprated cams ?
lower suspention
Before carrying out any modifications, it would be worth checking the car is functions as it was designed, any engine faults can zap the power/torque curve. Also, its worth renewing the cam belt, if this has not been done.

Use the citroen clone lexia tool to check there are no ECU/engine related errors first, if there are any, fix these first.

Lexia 3 Citroen Diagnostic Tool

Lexia: citroen-c3-tips/lexia-and-obd-diagnosti ... -t655.html

Its possible to have the engine ECU remapped to change the power/torque map to increase power by fuelling. Its not so easy to flash the 16v ECU, but it is possible. Have a look at this ebay listing as an example of the power/cost for a remap.

also i want the engine hoses and pipes to be metal is this a good idea and where would you get these parts ?
The reason hoses are plastic is because they need to be flexible to adapt to movement. Metal hoses wouldn't work because they aren't flexible.

Look at this ebay listing for stainless overbraid to upgrade rubber hoses to the stainless steel braid type.

Braid
Braid