Lack of power at times on a 1.4 HDi 16v

Questions specifically about a Diesel powered C3 (usually engine or fuel related problems)
Please provide as much description including adding photos directly to the topic or videos you have uploaded via youtube as possible.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Gearbox questions
Diesel engine related problems
Think: Diesel engine, diesel fuel system, diesel injectors and glow plugs
My Name: bleilah

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 153000
Trim Level: SX
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

My car is 16 years old with 152600 on the clock and I have a few problems one of which is what you have been discussing here - Turbo actuator, 1.4 HDI 16V. I am very new to this forum. How and where would I get this done though myself.would be better and cheaper!
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
DPF: No
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

bleilah wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:59 am My car is 16 years old with 152600 on the clock and I have a few problems one of which is what you have been discussing here - Turbo actuator, 1.4 HDI 16V. I am very new to this forum. How and where would I get this done though myself.would be better and cheaper!
Hi bleilah, if you have read the topic here - Turbo actuator, 1.4 HDI 16V, then you have found the picture with the turbo actuator and its adjustment parts.

If you wanted to check the slack in the adjustment then follow the pictures to adjust it to see if making it less slack allows the turbo to come in sooner.

If you want to do some diagnosis on that engine, you will need a Lexia tool to read the codes and this is a steep learning curve, read up about lexia, here.

If you don't have a haynes manual for the car pick one up here.

If you want help with other faults, I suggest you read the rules and then post a singe question the most relevant section of the forum for the fault you are describing.

There are some help topics in How do I use the C3 forum?.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)
My Name: onepound

Experienced Member
Model: C3 2006-2009, Facelift model
Year: 2009 (09)
Engine Size: 1.6 (16v)
Mileage: 84000
DPF: Yes
Engine name: DV6 16-valve diesel (92 PS)

when you say at times do you mean just randomly or in certain gears and revs?

I find though its a 1.6 HDi and a small turbo I get a noticeable lag unless the turbo really charges up by changing well above the peak torque @1700rpm, very annoying at times. On the 1.4 this would be even worst. Maybe get a cheap boost gauge to rule out turbo related problems.

I wish I got the variable turbo version.