Fuel regulator issue, + other faults (codes)

Questions specifically about a Diesel powered C3 (usually engine or fuel related problems)
Please provide as much description including adding photos directly to the topic or videos you have uploaded via youtube as possible.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Gearbox questions
Diesel engine related problems
Think: Diesel engine, diesel fuel system, diesel injectors and glow plugs
My Name: disconfigured

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2004 (54)
Engine Size: 1.4
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 62000
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No

Hi all, I hope someone can help me!

(I'm posting on behalf of my mum, so please bare with me).

Yesterday when she went to start her car the engine check light came on and wouldn't go off, she drove up 1/4 of a mile to a friends house and left it there, knowing it wouldn't be safe to drive. Yesterday evening she attempted to drive it home, however meters down the road the power was lost and it stopped, dead. A friend attempted to start the car, but by revving it they just found loads of black smoke coming from the exhaust and a clunking noise. She called the RAC and 6 faults have been found:

P0269- Cylinder 3 contribution/balance fault
P0272- Cylinder 4 contribution/balance fault
P1351- Pre-post heating relay control circuit failure
P0089- Fuel pressure regulator
P0002- Fuel volume regulator control
P1163- Differential pressure sensor

The car was only building 70 PSI at maximum, and that was with QuickStart, before that it wasn't even reaching 10.

Extra info; a few months back the Glow Plug indicator symbol appeared and didn't disappear, so we changed the glow plugs but that didnt fix the issue, but the car has been running fine, up until yesterday. We haven't tried to rectify the issue; we did however think it may be the relay. When the glowplugs were fitted, the garage we took it to couldn't run the fault checker and were meant to look into the issue further for us, but never got back to us after that.

I hope someone can help me out, we're gonna try get the car to another garage, with someone who works specifically with Citreons and has more knowledge than the original garage seems to have! Bank holiday weekend isn't the perfect time for something like this to happen

Thanks in advance :)
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Hi disconfigured
I hope someone can help me out,
Ignore the glow plug stuff for now.

Try a leak off test on the injectors and see what results you get.

https://citroenc3owners.com/diesel-citro ... -t901.html

Sounds like a faulty injector.

The mileage you have in the information on the left panel, is it correct?
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)