faulty electrics via injector 1 nobody wants to help??

Questions specifically about a Diesel powered C3 (usually engine or fuel related problems)
Please provide as much description including adding photos directly to the topic or videos you have uploaded via youtube as possible.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Gearbox questions
Diesel engine related problems
Think: Diesel engine, diesel fuel system, diesel injectors and glow plugs
My Name: snook65

Top Contributor
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 80000
Trim Level: Touch
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No

this has been ongoing for few months now 1/ had diagnostic done fault codes as follows p1169,p0263,p0261,p0238,and finally p1163 now i was told to focus on p1169 citroen said needs new injector but had all injectors checked all ok!!! we ordered new injector fitted it !ie fitted by experts still no difference only firing on 3 cylinders?? any suggestion ?? oh ps i had front injector harness replaced no difference1 the car seems to improve with longer running ie heat should i replace back harness or clean all connections with elec cleaner ?? sick of throwing money at it when my guts tell me its just a wiring issue that garages dont want to waste there valueble time on ! ECU also had checked came back repaired they said injector circuit overloaded but now repaired £160 :( :( :( :( :(
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

ECU also had checked came back repaired they said injector circuit overloaded but now repaired
If there is a short in the wiring harness, this can damage the ECU and cause 'injector circuit overloaded'. If you refit a repaired ECU before fixing the damaged wiring, you risk causing the 'injector circuit overloaded' fault again.

If you have a faulty ECU, its got to be the first job to find out what caused the failure otherwise the same fault will reoccur if its not fixed. ECUs don't normally fail, so there was a reason for the failure.

should i replace back harness or clean all connections with elec cleaner ??
You should be testing the wiring harness for shorts or faults on the injector wiring. Changing the loom is an option, a garage will change all the suspected parts to be sure no stone is left unturned.

Cleaning the connections is something you can do, but you won't know you found the problem without testing and without verifying the fault is cleared you won't risk putting and expensive ECU back on, only to be damaged again.

While the old loom is off, you can do a visual inspection for damage to verify you have found the fault.
sick of throwing money at it when my guts tell me its just a wiring issue
replace all the associated wiring or do a 100% visual inspection on the wiring or do some testing with a meter, its depends which skills you have.

Top Contributor

ok checked harness one of the clips on number 1 injector is slightly cracked ?? would this affect connection ?? i only spotted this as i was cleaning sensors etc

Top Contributor

Please help guys am so fooked of with this issue iam replacing harness again as I checked it over and its not good:-(

Top Contributor

Ok I give up with the garages diy for me!! Ordered elec clean spray new injector harness elec seal spray new crank sensor thinking of changing injector rail ? ok took harness foo today cleaned it let it dry off did ohms test on each wire to each injector seems ok on injector one there had been some soldering under electrical tape :shock: but still tested ok cleaned sensor ok but still think this maybe the cause of circuit fault seem bit of coincedence? now if i replace this harness again and it still is not firing injector then will i have to check wiring from back of connector that harness plugs into and trace backwards ???ook checking wiring from connector at top rear of engine and trace back to ecu or were ever it goes green injector transfers to green at back of connector running to right hand side white transfers to either biege or pink ? will test each wire for continueity hope fully there wont be and i know there is break or short some were ????

Top Contributor

Ok checked harness from injector 1 to ecu circuit ok the joined bits is were tech guy has tested it ! So am back to square 1:(
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Year: 2002 (52)
Mileage: 100000

there had been some soldering under electrical tape :shock: but still tested ok cleaned sensor ok but still think this maybe the cause of circuit fault seem bit of coincedence?
Solder is a bit worrying. If it had shorted out then the ecu could be damaged again.
C3CAR wrote:If there is a short in the wiring harness, this can damage the ECU and cause 'injector circuit overloaded'. If you refit a repaired ECU before fixing the damaged wiring, you risk causing the 'injector circuit overloaded' fault again.
Yes, could the ECU be blown again?
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)

Top Contributor

Ok the soldering is were the auto electrician by passed harness to go directly to ecu to injector 1 he is coming again this week for some final checks b4 we go buy ecu hence my other post on here
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Year: 2002 (52)
Mileage: 100000

snook65 wrote:Ok the soldering is were the auto electrician by passed harness to go directly to ecu to injector 1 he is coming again this week for some final checks b4 we go buy ecu hence my other post on here
Thanks for the update.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)

Top Contributor

ok tech guy came out said diesel pissing out of injector 1 and 2 would this over time cause electrical fault !! intermittent and as time goes on complete failure injector 1 , ordered replacement fuel line injector clips !!! just waiting now see what happens