Electric windows upgrade help

Questions specifically about a Diesel powered C3 (usually engine or fuel related problems)
Please provide as much description including adding photos directly to the topic or videos you have uploaded via youtube as possible.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Gearbox questions
Diesel engine related problems
Think: Diesel engine, diesel fuel system, diesel injectors and glow plugs
My Name: JakM1

Recently when i was tinkering around with the cigarette lighter, i noticed that there were some cables running into the bottom of the small coin holders either side of the gear stick. On the more upgraded models they dont have coin holders because these spaces are for the electric window switches. So im assuming that these wires are for the switches when you buy the more ugraded models. I was wondering if anyone new if it was possible for me to buy a switch and an electric window regulator from a scrappy and literally just install them myself.

Cheers
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Hi JakM1

You will need the motors and the associated hardware from the doors, the switches and Fuse no F12 (30A) in the fusebox.

I would first check that the wires to the door motors are present by removing the door panel and taking a look for them (4 way grey plug with Green/Yellow, purple, grey and brown wires)

I highly recommend CITROEN C3 PETROL & DIESEL 02-05 Service Manual with Wiring Diagrams to give an insight to the workings of the C3 electrical systems :)

Its a simple circuit without computer control, so I would expect a high success rate.

Good Luck!

ArfurDent
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)