EGR Valve replacement, which one do I need?

Questions specifically about a Diesel powered C3 (usually engine or fuel related problems)
Please provide as much description including adding photos directly to the topic or videos you have uploaded via youtube as possible.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Gearbox questions
Diesel engine related problems
Think: Diesel engine, diesel fuel system, diesel injectors and glow plugs
My Name: lickleminky

Can someone here help, Im trying to order an EGR valve for my 2004 Citroen C3 XTR 1.4hdi.

People keep asking if I want a pneumatic or an electro pneumatic one. I asked my mechanic he told me to call a Citroen Dealership so I did, all they could tell me was that it was £66.53 but not which type it was. The both parts are only £43 ish pounds on Car Parts 4 less so would prefer to get it from there as Ive already forked out over £600 for a new head gasket and am skint now :-(.
Can anyone here help? Plleeeeeease.
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Hi lickleminky

There are 2 EGR valves listed that could apply to the 8v HDi C3 2004 engine, hence why you get asked which type you need.

The easiest thing to do is to look on your car and see which you have by comparing the pictures (its quite obvious which is electro and which is pneumatic).

Pictures of the pneumatic one appear in this EGR removal topic

The electro EGR has an electrical plug and socket, while the pneumatic one does not.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)
My Name: lickleminky

Thanks Arfur Dent,
I just had a look at my engine and have no idea where it is :shock:
I think Im just going to have to bite the bullet and take it to a mechanic and let them order the part. :cry:
I wish I'd done mechanics in school now but I dont think girls were allowed back then, lol.

Thanks anyway though that was very kind of you.
:)
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

EGR Valve on a Citroen C3
EGR Valve on a Citroen C3
3976_Citroen_C3_EGR_Valve.JPG (49.78 KiB) Viewed 28 times

The back of the engine, between the firewall and the engine on the side with the battery you can find the EGR valve.

You will need to remove the air filter box and the air intake pipes to get access to even see it.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)