DPF Refill

Questions specifically about a Diesel powered C3 (usually engine or fuel related problems)
Please provide as much description including adding photos directly to the topic or videos you have uploaded via youtube as possible.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Gearbox questions
Diesel engine related problems
Think: Diesel engine, diesel fuel system, diesel injectors and glow plugs
My Name: demezas

Model: C3 2009-2013, New shape (A51)
Year: 2011 (61)
Engine Size: 1.4
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 146000
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: Yes
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 diesel (70 PS)

Hello all,

I have been the unfortunate owner of a DPF fitted C3 over the past 3-4 years and its been nothing but problems.
I have fitted a new bag of DPF fluid, DPF pump. But unfortunately its still an absolute pos. The ECU still thinks there is 4% left in the bag so I'm forever getting a warning my particulate level is low, risk of filter clogging, etc etc. I've absolutely had enough of the car and want to sell it. But I need to somehow tell the ECU that the bag is not on 4% with 44ml remaining. I'm also not taking it to the dealers. I'd rather scrap it.
My Name: routemaster1

C3 Master
Model: C3 2017-on. The new C3
Year: 2019 (19)
Engine Size: 1.2
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 300
Trim Level: Flair
Gearbox: Manual 6 speed
DPF: No
Engine name: EB2DT-EB2ADT PureTech 3-Cylinder (110 PS)

demezas wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:53 pm Hello all,

I have been the unfortunate owner of a DPF fitted C3 over the past 3-4 years and its been nothing but problems.
I have fitted a new bag of DPF fluid, DPF pump. But unfortunately its still an absolute pos. The ECU still thinks there is 4% left in the bag so I'm forever getting a warning my particulate level is low, risk of filter clogging, etc etc. I've absolutely had enough of the car and want to sell it. But I need to somehow tell the ECU that the bag is not on 4% with 44ml remaining. I'm also not taking it to the dealers. I'd rather scrap it.
The counter needs to be reset using Lexia/Diagbox. You may find someone on the site local to you who may be able to help you, but if not you may have to bite the bullet and take it to an agent.
My Name: routemaster1

C3 Master
Model: C3 2017-on. The new C3
Year: 2019 (19)
Engine Size: 1.2
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 300
Trim Level: Flair
Gearbox: Manual 6 speed
Engine name: EB2DT-EB2ADT PureTech 3-Cylinder (110 PS)

Alternatively you could buy your own Diagbox. Probably more than a visit to the dealers and that's if you can get it to work.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from ... 08&mkevt=1
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

demezas wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:53 pm Hello all,

Hello

Your problem lies in only doing half a job.

This is where the professionals earn their money and get it right and do the full job.

As routemaster1 says, the ECU needs to know that the DPF/FAB bag was changed to know how much is left in there.

Otherwise the ECU thinks the bag is still (nearly) empty and issues (quite rightly) warnings that the DPF level is low.

Who knows if the ECU then limits DPF regen due to the lack of Eolys which would then risk clogging the DPF/FAP?
My Name: demezas

Model: C3 2009-2013, New shape (A51)
Year: 2011 (61)
Engine Size: 1.4
Mileage: 146000
Trim Level: VTR+
DPF: Yes
Engine name: DV4 diesel (70 PS)

Well if Citroen bothered to make the car serviceable by it’s owners for a simple bag change instead of monopolising simple DIY fixes behind costly software / dealer visits, I would have done a full job.

You don’t need to be a professional to undo 3 spring loaded clips to drop a cover off. Then undo a bag again with one clip and insert the new bag.

This is why I hate modern cars with all its ECU shit to stop owners from repairing their own vehicles.

Thanks for letting me know I can’t simply turn a key quarter turn and hold a button to reset it. Fuck me if simple fixes were made available these days.