battery runs flat whenever car is left for a length of time

Questions specifically about a Diesel powered C3 (usually engine or fuel related problems)
Please provide as much description including adding photos directly to the topic or videos you have uploaded via youtube as possible.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Gearbox questions
Diesel engine related problems
Think: Diesel engine, diesel fuel system, diesel injectors and glow plugs
My Name: lennysc3

hi all, hope somebody can shed a bit of light on a problem, whenever the car is left for a length of time, such as over night or whilst at work, the battery goes flat. I've had the battery checked and all cells are ok, and ive had the alternator checked which, again, seems fine. ive been to a local mechanic who is also at a loss as to what could be causing this. any help would be great
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Welcome to the forum lennysc3,

Just a few questions about the car to help pin down the problem,

What year and model is your C3 and does it have an aftermarket stereo fitted, or any extra things like car charger, parrot, sat nav hard wired?

Can you tell me HOW the cells were tested?
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)
My Name: GRP47

This happens to my C3 (2003 1.4HDI Exclusive) quite often: I only drive it once a week to the local supermarket so it doesn't get a good run (I'm retired and don't need to do a lot of routine travelling). I consulted the local Citroen franchise from whom I bought the car but they weren't much help. They seem to think that the car should be driven every day to avoid the problem but with the price of diesel, that's an expensive option. I've invested in a decent battery charger and put the battery on charge perhaps once a month. That seems to keep it going.